Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

US Open Golf 2013 - Merion

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Plenty of rain has left the course soft but you are still going to need to hit fairways as the rough is brutal. Pins will be hidden too. Forecast not good Today so they will do well to get all the players round Today.

Bring it on.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
McDowell 22-1
Garcia 35-1
Outside punt on Hunter Mahan at 60-1

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Carnage out there in the first round and at the start of the 2nd round the wind is getting up and the pins look a bit tastier Today. I think if anyone is under par at the end of Today they will be in front. Mickelson took the driver out of the bag yesterday and played with 5 wedges which is great course management.

GMac backers know their fate already:down:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Carnage out there in the first round and at the start of the 2nd round the wind is getting up and the pins look a bit tastier Today. I think if anyone is under par at the end of Today they will be in front. Mickelson took the driver out of the bag yesterday and played with 5 wedges which is great course management.

GMac backers know their fate already:down:

Sad to see Rory dropping 3 shots in 7 holes this morning... as you say, it is going to be TOUGH today.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Donald takes the lead with a miraculous flop shot.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Donald looking he'll be in the mix on Sunday, could be Rose's chance too.

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
What a brutal tournament so far. If you leave the fairway you are ****ed. Its great watching the Pro's struggle, well I like it anyway. Steve Stricker is my idea of the winner from here as he is the king of fairways and greens, 12 on BF is very fair. Mickelson has played great golf but struggled with the short stick yesterday. Tiger scored as well as he has thanks to his putting and I can see him going backwards Today as the putter will struggle to keep performing under the intense pressure. He has a nasty injury too....but only when he hits a crap shot:moo: His arm is fine when he finds the fairway:laugh:

Can see all of our lot going backwards quickly Today too.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
He has a nasty injury too....but only when he hits a crap shot:moo: His arm is fine when he finds the fairway:laugh:

No surprise there!

A few Brits up there again which is good to see - I think this is Luke's big chance - hope he takes it. Poulter is good when it's tough too and Rory will be in the mix too by the looks of things.

Goes to show that a course does not have to be overly long to give them a challenge. It is still long though as far as I am concerned!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I stand by my selection Rose, got a really good chance with this however if Luke Donald can play the last 4 holes much better he would be way ahead.

The crowd will all want Mickelson who to be fair is a great ambassador for the sport as well as a magnificent player.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Much better weather there today. Still wide open.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Donald and Rose co-leaders with an Aussie

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I have only just got In from work, what's this about Garcia? I heard the commentator say he will have to live with it or something? anyone know anything?

Cheers in advance :)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Garcia had a shit round, did not hear anything else

This is bubbling up really well, no clear leader but 3 Brits in the mix

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I have only just git I from work, what's this about Garcia? I heard the commentator say he will have to live with it or something? anyone know anything?

Cheers in advance :)

It was in reference to his fried chicken comment about woods a few weeks back. He has had dogs abuse from the yanks today especially when he shot a 10 ( ten in videprinter style) on one hole.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here