Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] US coverage

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Absolutely awful!

Commentator constantly getting our players mixed up. He once confused Joao Pedro with Veltman!

Dubbed crowd noises on replays.

The scoreboard graphic showing an advert every minute then mutating into a massive ad every 5 mins.

Telling me Undav came off at half time when he actually came on. Same with Ayari when he came on.

Doris interviewing Di Zerbi not asking her questions into the microphone.

Thought the yanks were meant to good at this live sport?!?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Absolutely awful!

Commentator constantly getting our players mixed up. He once confused Joao Pedro with Veltman!

The scoreboard graphic showing an advert every minute then mutating into a massive ad every 5 mins.

Telling me Undav came off at half time when he actually came on. Same with Ayari when he came on.

Not this live sport. They're good at other live sports.

W3D

I'm Thirsty
Apr 21, 2021
Worthing
Absolutely awful!

Ahh, it was dubbed! Was wondering why there were ooohs and aaahs on the replays.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Commentators got the result they wanted and MOTM had me shaking my head. I am used to us getting a pat on the head from the commentators as they root for the other side though :wink:

Suggesting Chelsea managed that result was a step too far, the sending off managed it :lolol:

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
The dubbed crowd noises on replays were rather odd.
Yes!! I was getting really agitated because it sounded like they were showing replays whilst something good was actually happening in the play. Then I realised it was just the weird crowd noise but it was really annoying.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Absolutely awful!

The commentator also thought Steele was still in goal halfway through the second half.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Patron
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
I’m know where you’re coming from but in their defense normally they take the feed from the UK so we would get who ever was covering for Sky/BT etc. The guy with Earle last night was bought in for this and is not the regular. Rebecca Lowe usually covers the studio and has been very complimentary about us in the past, which for her is painful,as she is a Palarse fan. Earle doesn’t like us and is usually corrected by other studio pundits. Tim Howard and Robbie Mustoe are big fans. It’s not the usual coverage we have here in the Colonies.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Absolutely awful!

Try going to the game then, instead of sitting on your sofa as a plastic moaning…;):love:

Jul 7, 2003
I’m know where you’re coming from but in their defense normally they take the feed from the UK so we would get who ever was covering for Sky/BT etc. The guy with Earle last night was bought in for this and is not the regular. Rebecca Lowe usually covers the studio and has been very complimentary about us in the past, which for her is painful,as she is a Palarse fan. Earle doesn’t like us and is usually corrected by other studio pundits. Tim Howard and Robbie Mustoe are big fans. It’s not the usual coverage we have here in the Colonies.
I’m sure you normally get the Premier League feed rather than the Sky one and that seemed to be the case again this morning.

Same commentary teams who I may have heard when somehow watching the coverage on our away games on the Australian or South African channels 🤫

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
it was an interesting experience being there. Biggest cheer was the celebrity coin toss at the start of the match.

American fans very friendly, bizarre to see so many in Liverpool, Spurs, Manchester Utd & City shirts there too.

I did feel a bit sorry for the kid with the “Pulisic can I have your shirt?” placard, suspect his wish might not have come true.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
It started off poorly, when they put the graphic for our line up on screen.

Lallana as CF
Welbeck at AMR
Hinshelwood at AML
Mitoma at AMC
March at LB
Gross at RB

and went downhill after that.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
it was an interesting experience being there. Biggest cheer was the celebrity coin toss at the start of the match.

American fans very friendly, bizarre to see so many in Liverpool, Spurs, Manchester Utd & City shirts there too.

I did feel a bit sorry for the kid with the “Pulisic can I have your shirt?” placard, suspect his wish might not have come true.
The most amusing bit for me was after Van Heck was sent off and he was walking down the tunnel. The yanks were hanging over the tunnel giving him double thumbs down like he was a baddie in WWF who just been knocked out of the Royal Rumble.

Jul 7, 2003

I did feel a bit sorry for the kid with the “Pulisic can I have your shirt?” placard, suspect his wish might not have come true
I guess it is no different to the NFL games held here in the UK where fans of all sides turn up in their team shirts as it is an opportunity to watch a game in their country.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
IMG_3239.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here