Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] US Comedy Cup 24 - Quarter Final ONE - The Simpsons vs Curb Your Enthusiasm

Quarter Final ONE - Choose your favourite

• The Simpsons

Votes: 57 78.1%
  • Curb Your Enthusiasm

Votes: 16 21.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
USCC24 Group Stage Draw
USCC24 Group A
USCC24 Group B
USCC24 Group C
USCC24 Group D

1707733276390.png

The United States Comedy Cup 2024

===
Quarter Final ONE
===

In case you needed any further proof that I do NOT rig these...sorry Larry, you bald asshole.

The Simpsons - 1989- , 762 episodes

1707732746641.png

An absolute COLLOSSUS of a show culturally.

"It introduced American culture on a much broader scale than any language textbook could ever have done. The show taught the World about the foibles of the standard American family household and what Americans as a whole generally value."

Homer and co could do very well, but will the gradual drop in quality following brilliant early seasons, and the sheer number of episodes weigh it down?

===
vs
===

Curb Your Enthusiasm
- 2000-2024 , 120 episodes

1707843532524.png

A personal favourite, coming into it's 12th and final season now. A bit slapstick/broad at points, but a genius show at setting up situations and paying them off masterfully. Larry always has a point, even if he doesn't go about making it the right way. I'd like to see it go far, so it probably won't.

===​
Please feel free to link to relevant YouTube videos, or justify your chosen comedy in writing.

VOTE NOW!​

Last edited:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Can anything stop The Simpsons?

Christ worse draw than Man City for Lar

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Rest in Peace, Richard Lewis.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
These are the 2 shows I am slowly re-watching at the moment. Is The Simpsons less funny now im older? Not a chance, it's probably more funny. In those first 10 series there's so many witty brilliantly written moments, or jokes that would have gone over my head as a child. Is Curb Your Enthusiasm now a bit dated? Not a chance, so many funny awkward situations for Larry. Tough choice this to decide which is best.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
These are the 2 shows I am slowly re-watching at the moment. Is The Simpsons less funny now im older? Not a chance, it's probably more funny. In those first 10 series there's so many witty brilliantly written moments, or jokes that would have gone over my head as a child. Is Curb Your Enthusiasm now a bit dated? Not a chance, so many funny awkward situations for Larry. Tough choice this to decide which is best.
When I watch the simpsons now I'm always slightly berwildered by what I enjoyed about it as a child.
Not because it isn't good or funny (it's great and it's very funny), but because I can't possibly have understood most of the jokes and references when I first watched it aged 6.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
In a shit week when the Albion have been knocked out of the Cup and Richard Lewis has died the greatest US comedy with real actors is about to be beaten by a cartoon.

It's a shanda.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Voted for Curb despite only seeing one, maybe two episodes. It's a protest vote at how shit The Simpsons has been for so very long.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The Simpsons into the semis, to the surprise of no one. I make it the favourite at present.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here