Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Urgent help required - hole in suit jacket pocket with fountain pen stuck in lining

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Being a rather dim-witted individual I need some help with this.

My fountain pen has slipped through a hole in the inside pocket of my suit jacket and is now languishing in the inner lining at the base of said jacket.

I have tried all sorts of digit-based dextrous tweezer-style efforsts to retrieve but to no avail.

Help please and suggestions as to how to retrieve pen before inevitable leakage renders jacket 'out of action'.

DT

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Do a handstand whilst wearing said jacket, and utilising the miracle of gravity, use your teeth and tongue to help coax the offending tool of scribe back through the hole from whence it came.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Buy a Bic and then wait for nature to take its course regarding your fountain pen.

You did say you had swallowed it? Or was I thinking about something else?

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
Cheers LB - just say goodbye to said jacket with such flippant disregard??

There are so many other domestic nightmares that haunt me now that I am living as a bachelor.

trouser leg on suit trousers - stiching comes out from the turn up inside and then flaps down - don;t know how to stich / sew it back properly.

Buying towels - why can;t I buy decent towels - why do they never come out of the washing machine all warm and fluffy.

Making Shepherds Pie - crap - tastes dull and bland.

Realising that hal your nice clothes are hand-wash only - ignoring it and then finding out that it will only fit Dean Cox.

DiY - no problems - making the home homely - rubbish. May as well go and live in a hotel.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England

There are so many other domestic nightmares that haunt me now that I am living as a bachelor.

trouser leg on suit trousers - stiching comes out from the turn up inside and then flaps down - don;t know how to stich / sew it back properly.

Buying towels - why can;t I buy decent towels - why do they never come out of the washing machine all warm and fluffy.

Realising that hal your nice clothes are hand-wash only - ignoring it and then finding out that it will only fit Dean Cox.

DiY - no problems - making the home homely - rubbish. May as well go and live in a hotel.

chin up
I can help with your pie, mine rock

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

What a poignant post DT. It fair well had me filling up.
I feel like sending my sister round for a weekend.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey

Buy some Korbond Hemming web - all you have to do is iron in on and it'll stick together :)

And for the shepherds pie - add a dash of soy sauce!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Onions and Lee & Perrins makes it loverly!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here