Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Urgent appeal

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Does anyone have the entire set of Gulls Eye Issue 1 August 1988 to Issue 100 April 1997, including the 9nil Palace special from Sept 1989, and the two editions of Gulls Ear from Sept/Oct 1990?

Roy Chuter needs them for a book he is writing, if anyone has them we can pay for you to take them to a local printer and get them copied.

Many thanks

Harty

PS I've moved house twice since 1997 and sadly I cannot locate them.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Somewhere i have a lot of them from that era, but can't guarantee. Will have a search over the weekend.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Thanks mate, anything would be appreciated.

Someone once told me that the Albion historians had the whole set, but I don't know if this is still the case.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
I have some,funny enough i stumbled across issue 1 the other day.
I thought you would have had them all Harty.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I definitely have the first issue, which I believe was handed out for free, plus a fair few from the first couple of years...the Gulls Eye team kindly posted them to me as I was living overseas at the time.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
What is the book about ?

Basically leading into Falmer, the whole warts and all story from start of finish.

Starting with the arrival of Stanley and then Archer and Belotti ending with advent of Tony Bloom as chairman.

Therefore Gulls Eye is a reference point, one of many, for the years 88-97.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Don't forget the attempts by the board to silence Gulls Eye, the true voice of the fans, in an act worthy of the Worlds worst dictatorships.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Basically leading into Falmer, the whole warts and all story from start of finish.

Starting with the arrival of Stanley and then Archer and Belotti ending with advent of Tony Bloom as chairman.

Therefore Gulls Eye is a reference point, one of many, for the years 88-97.

I hope it will be WARTS and all ESPECIALLY in the bits about Dick Tight and NOT a LICKERS lovefest

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Don't forget the attempts by the board to silence Gulls Eye, the true voice of the fans, in an act worthy of the Worlds worst dictatorships.

Hence Gulls Ear, which we had to bring out as they had a High Court injunction out against the Eye, so we couldn't publish as normal.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
I hope it will be WARTS and all ESPECIALLY in the bits about Dick Tight and NOT a LICKERS lovefest

Roy don't do whitewash, when it comes out it I'm sure it will shock a few people, there a certain things that went on that get 'forgotten' (convieniently)

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Don't forget the aircrash episode :facepalm:

A learning curve Ern, I clearly remember the cartoonist turning up with the front cover, and whilst we were all prepared to go with it, deep down we all probably knew it wasn't the right thing to do.

The ignorance of youth:lolol:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Somewhere i have a lot of them from that era, but can't guarantee. Will have a search over the weekend.

Hmmm, they are not where I first thought!

Plan B, starting to worry they have been chucked, in which case Mrs Giraffe may be in for a rough ride...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here