Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Upton Park

LAMBRETTA MAN

Feb 5, 2012
Not been to upton park since the 80,s , can you get a beer inside the ground now or do you still have to have the pleasure of one of the local pubs ?:clap:

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
As an aside, I've noticed that Upton Park is nearly always referred to as the Boleyn Ground all of a sudden. What the feck's all THAT about?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
As an aside, I've noticed that Upton Park is nearly always referred to as the Boleyn Ground all of a sudden. What the feck's all THAT about?

Because that's it's NAME.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
That doesn't answer the question as to why it's been referred to as upton park for do long now.

That doesn't answer the question as to why it's been referred to as upton park for do long now.
Upton Park is the name of the area.

It's as if we called our ground "Falmer".

The Boleyn Ground is so called because it was built in the grounds of Green Street House, which was popularly known as Boleyn Castle - after Anne Boleyn, who had either stayed at, or possibly owned the house.

What I don't understand is the pronunciation. Boleyn, as in Anne Boleyn, is pronounced B'lin. Boleyn, as in Boleyn Ground, is pronounced Bollin.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Think it's a generation thing too....most oldies like myself tend to refer to it as the Boleyn ground whereas younger people use Upton Park.

Lord B is spot on tho.

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
The Boleyn is a real West Ham fans pub. It's hostile to say the least! There's one on the way down from the tube station to the ground that was smartened up; it's ok but hardly a relaxing place to enjoy a pint. I've heard there's a couple of decent pubs in East Ham if you don't want to pay stadium beer prices.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here