Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Upgrading Season Tickets on a match by match basis....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
6 is a reasonable number when the fixtures come out, by the time they've finished dicking around rearranging games for Sky and the plethora of other stupid reasons it should be more than that. There should be an additional free upgrade for each evening game that was originally a 3pm k.o.

Sky dicking around with KO times is going to be a major issue soon for away trips like Hull as they are bound to be on the TV and may well mean not being able to go, grrrrrrrr :angry::angry:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Sky dicking around with KO times is going to be a major issue soon for away trips like Hull as they are bound to be on the TV and may well mean not being able to go, grrrrrrrr :angry::angry:
Hull is FACup4 weekend so may be a midweeker anyway, and won't be picked for sky due to this in any cae.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I have an under 21 ticket which my over 65 mate uses when my Daughter is at work (he pays for the pie & pint in return). Last week with the security there was no one watching the tickets going through so I could have got an adult through. Indeed, do they really watch your ticket as you pass through? I believe the lights flash so many times dependent on the ticket.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

Engineering works on the ECML on that day, even for those in FIRST CLASS. Let's see what the 3rd round draw brings tomorrow.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Engineering works on the ECML on that day, even for those in FIRST CLASS. Let's see what the 3rd round draw brings tomorrow.

Rebranded as just Virgin Trains and double bollox as means will probably not bother

Poyningsgull

Apr 12, 2007
Just leave the ticket inside the little wallet and it will scan ok, and nobody can see the colour.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I can see the point of the club wishing to restrict the number of upgrades. 6 is not the right limit to set given that there will be more 7.45 Kick offs than that this season. I suspect some Dads, not able to take their kids and unable to upgrade for a mate to sit with, may not bother going to the game themselves either.
I think a better system would be if all evening Kick Offs can be upgraded, any early kick off for TV, plus 6 random ones.
I doubt many are deliberately taking the piss, we all have different circumstances, if the club wants to maintain high numbers of season ticket holders it would be best to not become inflexible, on the other hand if we gain promotion, demand is likely to increase and wouldn't it be nice for the club to be selling more of the season tickets at adult prices, even when a kid is sat in the seat half the time.
I can't help thinking this is part of becoming Premier League Ready, ie get ready to rinse us.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
How about everyone shuts the f**k up about going in on kids tickets etc , the club read this , use your f****ng loaves.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
I have an under 21 ticket which my over 65 mate uses when my Daughter is at work (he pays for the pie & pint in return). Last week with the security there was no one watching the tickets going through so I could have got an adult through. Indeed, do they really watch your ticket as you pass through? I believe the lights flash so many times dependent on the ticket.

The lights are colour coded for the different categories and the barstewards now have laminated print outs on the reverse of the turnstiles that enable them to see quickly what category the smart card last presented represents.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
This.

You know it makes sense to not draw the club's attention to this practice.
i know its probably unethical and a bit stalinistic but maybe some editing could be done by the mods ?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The lights are colour coded for the different categories and the barstewards now have laminated print outs on the reverse of the turnstiles that enable them to see quickly what category the smart card last presented represents.

Really! I know they have coloured lights to determine if the ticket is a concession and what age but do you really think they have a laminate at each turnstile showing what every ticket was last used for. That would imply they reprint it every game which I doubt and to be honest, unnecessary. They just need to know whether the correct category of ticket is being used by a person entitled to use it.

As I go into WSU today, I'll try and look back and check but this may be dependent on how many pints I've had at the John Harvey!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here