Upgrading a child ticket

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

cloud

Jun 12, 2011
Here, there and everywhere
Does anyone know how much it will be to upgrade a season ticket from a child to an adult for one match? Junior cloud can't always manage the trip for evening matches during term time.

I think his season ticket in ESL works out at about £5.48 per match, so is it the difference between this and £34, or is there any admin charge as well?

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
just call club up and ask to upgrade . They take the difference from your credit card. You will then see that they cancel the details on the junior seson ticket for that game .

I have done it a few times in the ESU and they charge the difference in the seson ticket price to full price for an ESU .. £27

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A friend used my family stand tickets on Saturday, and paid £22 to upgrade one of the U-16s to adult. Just went into the ticket office before the game, and paid it.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
I have done it a few times in the ESU and they charge the difference in the seson ticket price to full price for an ESU .. £27

As far as I can work out, the sum charged is the difference between the kids' matchday price and adult matchday price (ie the season ticket rate has nothing to do with it)

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Does anyone know how much it will be to upgrade a season ticket from a child to an adult for one match? Junior cloud can't always manage the trip for evening matches during term time.

I think his season ticket in ESL works out at about £5.48 per match, so is it the difference between this and £34, or is there any admin charge as well?

You would have to move seats if it means that there were no longer any children in your party, and the seats are in the family section.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
As far as I can work out, the sum charged is the difference between the kids' matchday price and adult matchday price (ie the season ticket rate has nothing to do with it)

yeah sorry thats what i meant i have done it a few times

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011

This. I have done it a few times and each time it has been the difference between the child matchday price and the adult matchday price.

Mar 10, 2006
Seems a bit of a discrepency over an admin fee. Cost me the difference in ticket price first time i did it plus a fiver admin and was told in future it would be a tenner admin fee. Lo and behold when i did phone up to upgrade again no admin fee was charged.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I've done it a few times for mid week games as my lad can't make them. All I pay is an extra £16, my lads season ticket is them upgraded to an adult ticket for the night. Never been charged an admin fee.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Have done this about a dozen times since the start of last season, £21 last season £24 this season to upgrade u10 to adult in wsu centre. Never been charged admin fee :)

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Assuming everything is staying on your card and you don't want paper tickets, the cost is the difference between the match-day prices for ticket you have and what you want, given where you are in the ground. Easy enough to work out from the website for your own stand/section.

I do it occasionally for the mid week matches when unreasonable for young son to make it.

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
£25 to upgrade from under 10 to adult in the family stand, but as mentioned earlier you do still need to have at least one child ticket per 2 adults. Glad I had the foresight to get 2 under 10s and 1 adult season ticket for the extra flexibility. Costs peanuts for the under 10s in the family stand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports