Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

** Update: Will Buckley moves to Sunderland confirmed, three-year deal **

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Hoping it's not true but does seem likely now. Been my favourite player since he turned the game against Doncaster - what a fantastic memory that is ... a perfect redemption in the 97th minute!

Lawson

Feb 25, 2012
Where's your source for that? Buckley for £2.5m over Borini does not back that up

he did sign that Ignacio Scocco, a player he had wanted at Brighton, who failed to do anything at Sunderland after signing for more than £3 million, and will leave at a significant loss. He also wants to sign Borini for like £14 million, has just signed Rodwell for £10 million, spent £2.5 million on Bridcutt and this is just to mention a few of his signings.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I'm normally very positive about everything Albion but currently it's all a bit worrying with departures and not much glimmer of anything coming the other way.
Let's hope we have a few new players in for the weekend.

Feb 14, 2010
Buckley, Ulloa, Bridcutt. Good players, but they didnt win us promotion. I just hope the money is there to buy new players who will win us promotion, but if not, well its not as if the ground has been sold and we are ground sharing with Gillingham is it.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Very concerning this . List of olayers that are gone is shocking , like we want to go down which bizarre considering how close we got and the infrastructure put in place

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Never came close? If we upped our final bid by £200k we'd have got VVD. He was a youngster at the time so wages wouldn't have been a big problem. Would have bossed our defence for a few years then moved on for a handsome fee. You know this is all true :thumbsup:

At the time, we were competing with Everton and Newcastle for this 'unknown' Van Dijk. The excellent tribalfootball contains all the original links in date order, with clubs far bigger than us linked with him well before that. Or: refuse to let the facts get in the way of the signing that was never going to happen :thumbsup:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Lets hope no one comes in with a 3m bid for KLL or we wont have any pace or attacking flair left.

Northstandite

Jun 6, 2011
Never came close? If we upped our final bid by £200k we'd have got VVD. He was a youngster at the time so wages wouldn't have been a big problem. Would have bossed our defence for a few years then moved on for a handsome fee. You know this is all true :thumbsup:

Van Dijk was never going to join us. Time to stop lamenting about stories in the Poyet era, and move forward.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I still think there will be players coming in soon, silly money and panic buying will soon be over.....then TB the poker player will swoop.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Just break the bank for Bennett. We've built up a significant wad of cash now. Would fit into Sami's formation if that's what he's going to persist with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here