Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Update on Heritage Stones.....

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Anyone know what is in place of the old heritage stones outside the West stand now then? Hope they are keeping a big Albion badge there at least?

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
I was being everso slightly mischievous, I love the Amex, and I think the club has come in for unnecessary criticism for a lot of things. The stones were an error, which the club always said they would resolve, but that didn't stop some going over the top.

After I posted I thought, hang on a minute he's avin a laugh :)

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Interesting domain name. Not heard from the American Express legal team yet?

Not yet, they're getting free publicity, what more could they want? :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not yet, they're getting free publicity, what more could they want? :)

To send you a love letter. A bit like this...

February 14, 2012

Darren McKay
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx
Bristol
Great Britain

Via e-mail

Re: American Express Company’s Objection to Registration of amexchat.com
(Our Reference 308637)

Dear Mr. McKay:

We represent the American Express Company and its related companies in matters involving intellectual property. It has come to our attention that you have registered the domain name amexchat.com with 1&1 Internet AG. American Express is the owner of U.S. and international trademark rights in the AMEX mark. As a result, it is concerned that your use of the domain name in connection with a website could lead to a likelihood of consumer confusion. This letter serves to advise you that we are monitoring your use of the domain name. American Express reserves the right to object to any use of the domain name that results in infringement, dilution or tarnishment of its rights in its AMEX mark. Further, American Express reserves the right to object to any attempts by you to sell the domain name in excess of the registration fee associated with the domain name.

Should you have any questions, please contact the undersigned.

Very truly yours,

xxxxxxxxxxx

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
To send you a love letter. A bit like this...

February 14, 2012

Darren McKay
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxx
Bristol
Great Britain

Via e-mail

Re: American Express Company’s Objection to Registration of amexchat.com
(Our Reference 308637)

Dear Mr. McKay:

We represent the American Express Company and its related companies in matters involving intellectual property. It has come to our attention that you have registered the domain name amexchat.com with 1&1 Internet AG. American Express is the owner of U.S. and international trademark rights in the AMEX mark. As a result, it is concerned that your use of the domain name in connection with a website could lead to a likelihood of consumer confusion. This letter serves to advise you that we are monitoring your use of the domain name. American Express reserves the right to object to any use of the domain name that results in infringement, dilution or tarnishment of its rights in its AMEX mark. Further, American Express reserves the right to object to any attempts by you to sell the domain name in excess of the registration fee associated with the domain name.

Very truly yours,

xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for sharing that Bozza. When we registered the amexnorthstand domain through ipage, after a few discussions with their people, they were happy that American Express would be ok because the site is purely fan based with no commercial gain or advertising. Obviously things could change in the future, who knows :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm sure my response placated them...

Hi Nimita,

Thanks for your email, rather officious as it is.

The domain has been acquired as I own and administer North Stand Chat. This site is a discussion forum for supporters of Brighton & Hove Albion. Being familiar with all matters American Express as you are, I'm sure I do not need to tell you that American Express are the main sponsor of Brighton's iconic new stadium nestling into the South Downs, with the ground now widely known as 'The Amex' throughout the UK: http://www.google.co.uk/search?ix=hcb&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=the+amex+stadium

You may be less aware of the recent history of Brighton & Hove Albion, but I'll leave it to you to research that at your leisure. When you do so, you'll soon understand the significance of 'North Stand' in the URL or our primary domain, and also why AmexChat.com is of interest and will, in time, be used as a re-direct to our main site. I will use AmexChat.com until such time as American Express are no longer associated with the football club in their current capacity.

Thanks for your interest and have yourself a good day,

Darren

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
I'm sure my response placated them...

Hi Nimita,

Thanks for your email, rather officious as it is.

The domain has been acquired as I own and administer North Stand Chat. This site is a discussion forum for supporters of Brighton & Hove Albion. Being familiar with all matters American Express as you are, I'm sure I do not need to tell you that American Express are the main sponsor of Brighton's iconic new stadium nestling into the South Downs, with the ground now widely known as 'The Amex' throughout the UK: http://www.google.co.uk/search?ix=hcb&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8&q=the+amex+stadium

You may be less aware of the recent history of Brighton & Hove Albion, but I'll leave it to you to research that at your leisure. When you do so, you'll soon understand the significance of 'North Stand' in the URL or our primary domain, and also why AmexChat.com is of interest and will, in time, be used as a re-direct to our main site. I will use AmexChat.com until such time as American Express are no longer associated with the football club in their current capacity.

Thanks for your interest and have yourself a good day,

Darren

:) great reply, with your permission I shall use that as a foundation if they contact me!

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Will the new stones be placed in the same location/order as they were on the ground

No there all over the place DB, totally different order mate

Barrow Boy

NSC Patron
Nov 2, 2007
GOSBTS
Can you still buy them? I would go for one that looks like that...

I think a lot of people would be interested in buying a stone being displayed in the new position and format. The original link for ordering them in the old style and position is still on the clubs website but doesn't seem to be working (for me anyway). I've posted a question to Insider on ATC.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
According to the club, these are new ones, the existing ones remain where they are... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1342767152.845596.jpg

:) great reply, with your permission I shall use that as a foundation if they contact me!
Or maybe Bozza should send you an e-mail, along the following lines:-

Dear Mr. Nomoremithrasforme:

I represent North Stand Chat in matters involving intellectual property. It has come to our attention that you have registered the domain name amexnorthstand through ipage. North Stand Chat is the owner of U.S. and international trademark rights in the North Stand mark. As a result, it is concerned that your use of the domain name in connection with a website could lead to a likelihood of consumer confusion. This letter serves to advise you that we are monitoring your use of the domain name. North Stand Chat reserves the right to object to any use of the domain name that results in infringement, dilution or tarnishment of its rights in its North Stand mark. Further, North Stand Chat reserves the right to object to any attempts by you to sell the domain name in excess of the registration fee associated with the domain name.

Very truly yours,

Bozza

PS You should be grateful that I am unconnected with London, 2012, Olympic, Games, Twenty, Twelve, Games, Wiggins, Bradley, Coca, Cola or any combination of any two of these words, but I am sure you understand the importance of protecting the brand. Failure to agree to these terms could lead to further action, up to and including attack by ground to air missiles.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Or maybe Bozza should send you an e-mail, along the following lines:-

Dear Mr. Nomoremithrasforme:

I represent North Stand Chat in matters involving intellectual property. It has come to our attention that you have registered the domain name amexnorthstand through ipage. North Stand Chat is the owner of U.S. and international trademark rights in the North Stand mark. As a result, it is concerned that your use of the domain name in connection with La website could lead to a likelihood of consumer confusion. This letter serves to advise you that we are monitoring your use of the domain name. North Stand Chat reserves the right to object to any use of the domain name that results in infringement, dilution or tarnishment of its rights in its North Stand mark. Further, North Stand Chat reserves the right to object to any attempts by you to sell the domain name in excess of the registration fee associated with the domain name.

Very truly yours,

Bozza

PS You should be grateful that I am unconnected with London, 2012, Olympic, Games, Twenty, Twelve, Games, Wiggins, Bradley, Coca, Cola or any combination of any two of these words, but I am sure you understand the importance of protecting the brand. Failure to agree to these terms could lead to further action, up to and including attack by ground to air missiles.

:lolol: infamy infamy they've all got it in for me

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
According to the club, these are new ones, the existing ones remain where they are...View attachment 33339

I saw that last night.

the new ones look significantly better than the old ones. More visible, better location, seemingly better quality etc I hope those who have an existing one get a new stone treatment.

I wonder if Parkers are producing the new ones or if a new supplier was sought.

I dont buy Superphil's statement that the club said they would sort it. They didn't! In fact they were quite belligerent that if people were unhappy then they could have their stone dug up and returned to them (source - Albion Roar last season).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here