Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Unusually quiet start to the transfer window?

Coxovi

NSC Patron
Nov 5, 2011
Suisse
This is quite clear. The Everton points deduction and to a lesser extent, the expected 20 year FFP breaking investigation into Citeh have put the likes of Newcastle off spending huge amounts and then leaving FFP to their expensive lawyers and accountants to sort out at a later date.

Good news until the next set of loop holes (i.e. sell your advertising for 10 x the market rate to a separate business controlled by your owner) are found.
Or selling old unwanted players at inflated fees to the (loosely) affiliated Saudi pro league club?

phoenix

May 18, 2009
The Everton points deduction might have zeroed some minds, on another random question, why do footballers have holes in the back of their socks, fashion? I know I should know but I don't!
cut & paste
The reason behind cutting holes in socks is to reduce pressure on calf muscles and improve blood flow and breathability

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We're a week in to this window and I can't think of a single transfer of note made by any Premier League side, a view backed up by a quick search of pages that claim to list all DONE DEALS.

I'm sure things will pick up in time, but it does feel like an unusually quiet start to the transfer window, doesn't it?
Ben Brereton Díaz signed for Sheffield Utd.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Great news for us if clubs are becoming more sensible. They will have to be more picky in how much they spend and who they target. Maybe we can keep mitoma and pervis for another season.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Great news for us if clubs are becoming more sensible. They will have to be more picky in how much they spend and who they target. Maybe we can keep mitoma and pervis for another season.
Though somehow fans of the traditional big 6 will be spitting tacks when we reject their low ball offers. Possibly adding how we are ruining Pervs career by rejecting £25 million "in this market".

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
It does seem awfully quiet. The Guardian's tracker has us as the only team to have spent any money yet (they booked us signing Mazilu for £2.5m already):

Other than Forest selling Scarpa for £4.3m, everything else is loans starting and ending.

We are the Premier League BIG SPENDERS so far this window!

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
I expect some panic buying towards the end of the window.Arsenal look like one and a few down by the drop zone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here