Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unreserved seating

Safeway said:
I don't mind whichever stance a club takes, although unreserved is far better for the reasons given above, but they've got to be clear and make sure it's stuck to.
The problem is that good practice (in ground safety terms) is that unreserved seating works only when there are enough spare seats available to allow groups of mates to congregate together in every section that is available.

It could never work when games are sold out (or very close to being sold out). Which is why it isn't allowed at Withdean (except at LDV Vans matches) and why it wasn't an issue at Derby.

However, no Club would ever adopt a permanent policy of operating unreserved seating - it would be tantamount to admitting that you'll never have a match that is sold out.

I expect last season's Derby v Forest game had quite different rules.

Lord Bracknell said:
The problem is that good practice (in ground safety terms) is that unreserved seating works only when there are enough spare seats available to allow groups of mates to congregate together in every section that is available.

It could never work when games are sold out (or very close to being sold out). Which is why it isn't allowed at Withdean (except at LDV Vans matches) and why it wasn't an issue at Derby.

However, no Club would ever adopt a permanent policy of operating unreserved seating - it would be tantamount to admitting that you'll never have a match that is sold out.

That's fine, but clubs must then make sure the policy is enforced.

I don't mind sitting where my ticket says as long as everyone else is doing the same. If it's not where I'd ideally like to sit, tough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here