Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unreadable Heritage Stones

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I not overly concerned although we did get one for my late father.

Never really been one for these memorial type things, but thought what the heck.

Anyway - yes they are terrible. Bad enough generally, but they should be taken off the walkway ASAP and placed on the side of the stadium.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
add my name too, simply changing the blue lettering to white would suffice

Or black to be honest.

It's simply that the lettering is that shade of blue that makes it hard to read.

Blue text is hard to read against a grey background for some reason. It's something that's been noted in software development.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Firstly, i thought they were ok and not as bad as everyone was saying..... But everytime i go it seems to be less readable and faded? Ours is a stone in rememberance of a friend who died too young. I want it to be something positive to remember her by and i visit it everytime before the game (certainly lucky so far!).... but in fact i am becoming a bit embarassed by it, which is not the feeling i want it to evoke. We would have paid double the price for something better. Certainly add my name to list. I would definitely like them to be moved so that traffic doesn't run over them. Stone # 1610

bobzam

Brighton 'til I die
Aug 13, 2008
Bristol
Yep, I got one along with my father and grandfather and think they're awful. Could have been done so much better and a big part of the ground, but it's just an embarrassment really. There is also 1 on the right hand side bottom corner (facing the ground) which has already lost all of the blue!!

bomber130

bomber130
Jun 10, 2011
I made a fuss about the alive and kicking campain after donating in 2004. After finally resolving the issue of not having a name on a seat it was decided that all those who contributed would have a heritage stone, mine was laid in early August. Now I wish I hadnt bothered as the stones are very difficult to read (Why blue on a grey background). Not overly bothered myself as mine is just a bonus. However I do feel for those who have purchased them for loved ones no longer here. Heres my Cert number anyway 1744.

Aug 21, 2011
Add me to your list (assuming you are still compling it as I have only just seen this thread) my cert no is 0271. I agree they are terrible to read all, they need is someone to carefully repaint the lettering in white. Like a saddo I took a photo of mine and you cant read the bloody thing!

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
First time I visited the stadium I walked right around the perimeter, didn't even spot the heritage stones and must have walked right over them. Have to say that in comparison to the rest of the stadium the quality of these is not great and the blue lettering a mistake. The Earth Rod slabs put them to shame. I'm releaved to have missed the manhole but put me down, no idea what certificate number mine was.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Add me. My wording is incomplete. One letter missing. I have reported it but nothing has been done

That is wholly unacceptable, imo. May I ask you to whom you reported it? Did you receive any acknowledgement of your complaint? I realise that to some people, this may seem a small issue, but to those of us who took the time, trouble, cash and no little sentiment, it is something that needs to be addressed.

I can only reiterate that it would be helpful if ALL those that have posted their dissatisfaction on this thread to include their Cert. No.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
That is wholly unacceptable, imo. May I ask you to whom you reported it? Did you receive any acknowledgement of your complaint? I realise that to some people, this may seem a small issue, but to those of us who took the time, trouble, cash and no little sentiment, it is something that needs to be addressed.

I can only reiterate that it would be helpful if ALL those that have posted their dissatisfaction on this thread to include their Cert. No.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

Hi my cert number is Certificate Number 1018

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Who actually supplied those rubbish efforts anyway? They ought to be named; shamed; & forced to do them again properly.

otk

~(.)(.)~
May 15, 2007
Leg out of the bed
We got one for our late father, and as far as I am concerned, it is fine. I daresay weathering, foot and vehicular traffic will take it's toll, but that might actually be a nice effect...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here