Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unofficial England Euro song - Paul Oakenfold and Black Grape do us proud

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Fair enough! In answer to your question, I don't know. A quick google reveals that Stormzy was in the running to record it but nothing seems to have been released. Alas, I've not got a scoobie who Stormzy is either, I've never heard of him/her.

Edit - if you want a truly awful Euro song then look no further than Davud Guetta with what I think is the official Euro tune. It's an abhomination.

Pppffffffttttttt and you are supposed to be down with the kidz (yes with a Z!)?!?!? Stormzy I've got all of his/her LPs.....never off my jukebox!

No not a clue either!?!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Video is abysmal isn't it. And what's red white and blue got to do with the England football team. Song is average. 3/10. Wish I hadn't wasted 3 minutes 30 seconds watching it.

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
1. Dunno but seeing as we have lions on our shirts the connection will be around that.
2. England have played in red, white and also blue strips in their time and various combinations thereof.

You're really not happy about this tune, are you?

I'm not- but I'm not really sure why :lolol:

I just find it so simple, no creativity I think is the issue

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
I have studied the musical content, the bouncing melodies and emotive lyrics. The catchy hook, the nostalgic video cast and a subject matter that resonates at this time. Having digested all of this, my overall comprehensive overview of this song is that it is total and utter gash.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Fair enough! In answer to your question, I don't know. A quick google reveals that Stormzy was in the running to record it but nothing seems to have been released. Alas, I've not got a scoobie who Stormzy is either, I've never heard of him/her.

Edit - if you want a truly awful Euro song then look no further than Davud Guetta with what I think is the official Euro tune. It's an abhomination.

Probably for the best you don't know Stormzy, he is from Croydon and Zaha is often in his street vids.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On the one hand it sounds clichéd, lazy and dated.

But on the other hand it's dated back to my era and over the years there has been considerably worse.

As with all my school reports - 'you've passed but could do better' springs to mind.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I quite like it.

But if you don't then it's not worth worrying about - it'll probably only be relevant for about 10 days.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
image.png

Song ok
Video crap, don't get the connection with England playing football in euros with 2 black girls gyrating in the streets, followed by an Indian girl vogueing at a bus stop,get the multi cultural English message but not the connection to football
Please enlighten me

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham

If you wanna do a video highlighting life in England with a slight connection to football, this is how it's done
By MISSING ANDY - "made in England"

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It would have been better if John Cooper Clarke had done the vocal. Otherwise, very 1990 feel to it. Nice. But as a Southerner I feel Marginalised by the Northernness.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
It would have been better if John Cooper Clarke had done the vocal. Otherwise, very 1990 feel to it. Nice. But as a Southerner I feel Marginalised by the Northernness.

JCC would have been a great call and would have introduced him to a whole new generation. Failing that, I'd have had a John Shuttleworth song for the Euros. A proper follow-up to 'Pigeons In Flight' that he did for the Eurovisions. I bloody love John Shuttleworth.

Or maybe the Shirehorses...they'd have come up with a killer tune.

My favourite ever pop tune about England isn't a football song at all but it is by a Southerner: Laura Marling. It's completely the wrong season for it but sod it, my patriotism is roused so here goes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt1dmt-Zqyc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here