Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unlikely places you've met someone you know

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Randomly bumped into some old school mates in Simples bar in Ibiza in 1998, 3 years after we left school and lost touch. In 2010 me and missus went to Altinkum in Turkey and met a friend who drinks in our then local pub, it is indeed a very small world!

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Quite a few years back, on a flight from Gatwick to Amsterdam, my cousin got on the same plane. Neither of us knew the other was going.

strange, when i went to amsterdam from gatwick in september i saw somebody i knew on the same plane as well, out of chance.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Osaka metro. Old schoolmate was investment banking in Tokyo. I was travelling. Met up the following week and he showed me the sights of Roppongi (well the bars he took clients to)

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
In a supermarket in Spain HovaBoy noticed a woman who always sat opposite him on the train to London every day for years. They never spoke or even acknowledged each other. But in Spain, they hugged like old friends!

In Venice with my brother, we bumped into one of his best friends. Neither had any idea they would be there.

We once flew to Corfu and HovaBoy's boss was on the same flight.

And, closer to home, we bumped into our son's Scout master in a theme park in Devon.

kip

Aug 2, 2011
Not me but two of my mates bumped into each other with their girlfriends in Wistons clinic. Very awkward
| bpas Brighton if you don't know

pog5

Oct 28, 2012
unlikely places youve met someone you know

i bumped into my best mate at my house, when i came home early from a night shift

Last edited:

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
When I was a child we were on Holiday in Devon,we went to some place called Tarr steps,which is an ancient river crossing across the river Exe up on Exmoor,it is made up of a series of stepping stones,as I was jumping across,head down watching my feet,another child was crossing from the other side,neither of us saw each other coming and ended up bumping our heads,it turned out the other child was the boy I sat next to in class at school.Weird or what.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
1998, waltzing along Frazer Island, Australia. I bumped into a woman from the village i grew up in.

Smirko

Aug 19, 2011
Brighton
Was travelling around Israel a few years ago, went to a rooftop bar in Tel Aviv, barman was old classmate from school.

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
I've just walked out of Sheffield station and bumped into 2 people I know.
What's the chances of that!!!!

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Went for a family break in Cornwall one summer and I saw one of my old school pals, came and went the same day as us too!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Met my Arsenal supporting uncle, who I hadn't seen for 10 years, outside Stanley Park prior to the Liverpool match last year. Weird.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
went traveling for a year and when in Thailand i ran into an old work friend in a 7/11 style shop at 2am, he was also traveling the world.

he wasn't just there for some fags then?

In 2004 I was in a bus station in Sydney about to go north, I saw a girl i used to go to school with about to head south.

Any other time I would of just ignored her, but I thought it was so mental that I felt I had to say hello!

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
Just come back from a week in Cornwall, six secluded lodges in the middle of nowhere, when one of the other lodgers admires the albion badge in the car window and says he's a north stand ST holder....small world.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
A couple of friends traveled round Europe after doing their A levels but before going to Uni.

At Milan station they bumped into one of the PE teachers who had taken a 15 year old pupil to Italy for a week.

That led to a huge moral dilemma whether to report him (and hence lose his job for sure) or not.

Last I heard the PE teacher and the girl had been happily married for 15 years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here