Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

University of Sussex parking

francois123

Jan 18, 2011
Agreed Superphil. Perhaps one sentance too many plus I''ll add the K to Knight. However I am assured that the club Directors are aware so let's hope something comes of it.

The best blog for a long time.

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Now they can add thin skinned and precious as well as fat.

Now you see, you are doing it for effect, I couldn't give a f***, if I am asked to move my parking space, I will gladly. The persistant sniping at 1901 on here has had a negative effect with some members, if you want to call it thin skinned or precious, that's up to you, personally I can understand why some would see it as pureile or offensive. I don't becasue I know the majority of perpetrators on here are wind up merchants at best, and utter wankers at worst, but that is because I am a regular user here, and have dished it out on occasion. That's not to say everyone is as easy going about it, it would be a shame if any 1901ers got so fed up with it that they felt genuinely offended, but there are all sorts out there.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Good comments Phil and agree with you as a 1901 gold member. All people around me were long term fans (me nearly 50 years) and I cant really afford it, but hey ho wanted a bit of enjoyment and comfort after our Withdean experiance. Interesting enough I was speaking to the main sponsor of the Peugot lounge and he said he was amazed that all people that he spoke to appeard to be long tern fans. On the subject of parking I am in the Uni and it is fine and my mates dad is in a wheelchair and with the help of his helper can get to the ground ok as there is good access. If was in BF parking I would gladly move for a disabled person as I am sure most would.

francois123

Jan 18, 2011
I withdraw my last sentance. You press the mouse and it's gone. I looked for edit but none for original post or am I wrong on that as well!! I do agree with Superphil.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I guess it comes as part of the £2880 a year they pay, a year for 2 seats (2 seats = 1 parking space), on top of the original £500 or £1000 seat memebership paid a year or so ago.

I am 100% with the OP, the blue badge parking spaces should all be in either Bennets Field or the other car park just behind the North Stand. The club should, IMO, move the requisite number of 1901 members to the University car park, to make enough blue badge spaces, on the stadium side of the railway. There is a hierachy in 1901 memebers, so making the call, whilst awkward, should be no great problem. Then the club should refund every disabled parker their £180 and apologise for getting this so totally wrong.

I totally agree

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

libra-gully

Jan 26, 2011
I also pointed out that abuse is on the decline - especially since Blue Badges started to have photographs of the holder.

Anybody who has applied to Brighton Council in the past two years, know full well that ontaining a blue badge is far from easy. I already had one from Lewes and upon expiry had to re-apply and jump thru hoops to get another one. As the poster mentions, now with a photo on the actual badge, fraud has fallen dramatically.

libra-gully

Jan 26, 2011
Now you see, you are doing it for effect, I couldn't give a f***, if I am asked to move my parking space, I will gladly. The persistant sniping at 1901 on here has had a negative effect with some members, if you want to call it thin skinned or precious, that's up to you, personally I can understand why some would see it as pureile or offensive. I don't becasue I know the majority of perpetrators on here are wind up merchants at best, and utter wankers at worst, but that is because I am a regular user here, and have dished it out on occasion. That's not to say everyone is as easy going about it, it would be a shame if any 1901ers got so fed up with it that they felt genuinely offended, but there are all sorts out there.

For fear of repeating myself No, No, No. We don't blame each other!

There is absolutely no need to have a go at each other, where ever you can afford to sit.

The only culprits here who are guilty of anything are the board members who voted this into policy.

There are plenty of good people across our stadium and so calling each other out achieves nothing other than take the heat off of those who deserve it.

Please think carefully before putting views on here that will inflame others on this thread.

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Whilst supping a beer in the WSU on Saturday I noticed the car park in the top South West corner of the site was all but empty. This is the car park that I guess is for Brighton University near where the buses turn round. I was surprised this was not being used by the club for disabled parking or 1901ers. Any ideas why the club can't use this car park? I don't think it is part of the racquets club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here