Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Universe Theories - one to ten...

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I got as far as this truth-bomb:

...and stopped reading.

Where to start? How about the fact that energy can neither be created nor destroyed. That's basic schoolboy science, that is. And the idea of the universe devolving to a frozen state. Most of the universe is believed to be only a few degrees above absolute zero as it is. Does anyone really believe glaciation of the universe?

Anyone else suspect that the OP is one of the resident tinfoil-hatters under a second account?

This sounds a lot like theories about the heat death of the universe, where you apply the second law of thermodynamics over universal time scales, suggesting that eventually the universe will be in a state of thermodynamic equilibrium, meaning essentially there's no usable energy left in the universe (not no energy full stop). Whether or not this is true is open to a lot of debate, although you can also get towards heat death if you have a universe that expands without limits.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
This sounds a lot like theories about the heat death of the universe, where you apply the second law of thermodynamics over universal time scales, suggesting that eventually the universe will be in a state of thermodynamic equilibrium, meaning essentially there's no usable energy left in the universe (not no energy full stop). Whether or not this is true is open to a lot of debate, although you can also get towards heat death if you have a universe that expands without limits.

Sorry mate but [MENTION=5200]Buzzer[/MENTION] knows his stuff. He's not one of those tinfoil hatters, he's smart. He's so smart that he doesn't even know where to start!

Now THAT is smart.

Do yourself a favor and walk away.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for keeping riff-raff out, but I'm not sure that thinking about the various possible forms of our universe/existence/whatever should be considered conspiracy theorist trolling.

Unchecked , this poster went on to holocaust denial and destroying every thread he entered with anti Semitic nonsense.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Unchecked , this poster went on to holocaust denial and destroying every thread he entered with anti Semitic nonsense.

Yeah, fair, that stuff isn't needed anywhere.

I do have to say I did enjoy that link though. I've read into solipsism before and it really is a bugger to get your head around.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here