Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

United challenge Ronaldo red card

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Nonsense! If you spat at someone and missed you would still be sent off. Ronaldo looked like a 2 year old on a temper tantrum I'm surprised there were no tears.

LONDON (AFP) - Manchester United will seek to have the red card received by Cristiano Ronaldo in Saturday's derby defeat by Manchester City overturned at an FA disciplinary hearing on Tuesday.

The Portuguese winger was sent off for a studs-up lunge at City striker Andrew Cole when United were trailing 2-0.

Referee Steve Bennett showed him a straight red card for reckless play, although he did not actually make contact with his opponent. United went on to lose the match 3-1.

Bloody Man U!! :censored: :censored: :censored:

Last edited:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
agreed. You CANNOT lunch in like that. It's just dangerous!

TWAT!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They should DOUBLE his ban now for wasting their time with this appeal. No, TREBLE it.

Yes.

Treble.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Lammy said:
agreed. You CANNOT lunch in like that. It's just dangerous!

TWAT!

Yep no such thing as a free lunch:wave: :wave:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
They've got enough money to apply though and it might be worth their while. I agree with the red but there was minimal contact and if it means he's not out for 3 games then why not appeal?

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I hope they tell him to f*** off- that was a horrible tackle - whether it made contact is irrespective - the intent was there. If he had made contact, that could have easily broken his leg / ankle

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Taggart is turning into an utter tosser. Even moreso than ever before. His team were beaten by a better organised side on the day, especially defensively where United's defence were all over the place for the goals.

But no. According to Taggart, it was all the referee's fault. And that red card apparently wasn't justified because the attempted MAIMING didn't happen.

It's all good news though, as his credibility within the game is happily nosediving with age, by the the game. He reminds me a bit of Thatch and Tebbit clinging onto power in the late '80s.

The game's up you tedious, red-nosed, lardy jocko clown.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm no United fan but the tackle made on Ronaldo, just before the sending off, warranted a yellow card and they didn't even get a free kick. Shit refereeing however much you dislike the self proclaimed Pride of the North. No excuse for the sending off but the ref needs to be consistant in his decisions. I could see OGH taking retribution like that a couple of seasons ago and we would have defended him, considering the circumstances of the tackle.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
All those pricks are so used to winning, when the start trailing in a game they throw their toys out the pram!

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Icy Gull said:
I'm no United fan but the tackle made on Ronaldo, just before the sending off, warranted a yellow card and they didn't even get a free kick. Shit refereeing however much you dislike the self proclaimed Pride of the North. No excuse for the sending off but the ref needs to be consistant in his decisions. I could see OGH taking retribution like that a couple of seasons ago and we would have defended him, considering the circumstances of the tackle.

I disagree,the bloke took the ball and hardly made contact with the whingeing little w%&@er

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
In the laws of the game there is such thing as intent. The referee obviously decided in his opinion there was intent in the challenge, hence the red card. Fergie is a prized TWAT and will twist the events on the field of play to suit his own requirements. At least the Choosen one at Chelsea agreed with the referee for the Robben sending off, although he disagrees with the law for that offence.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
fake slim said:
I disagree,the bloke took the ball and hardly made contact with the whingeing little w%&@er

Likewise, I thought it was a free kick at worst - he got a fair bit of Ronaldo, but took the ball first.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
SurreySeagulls said:
In the laws of the game there is such thing as intent. The referee obviously decided in his opinion there was intent in the challenge, hence the red card. Fergie is a prized TWAT and will twist the events on the field of play to suit his own requirements. At least the Choosen one at Chelsea agreed with the referee for the Robben sending off, although he disagrees with the law for that offence.

Top man Mourinho is. At least he can see the ref had no option and blames the lawmakers not the ref.

Unlike that twat Andy Gray who felt the need to belittle the ref for about 10 minutes. I hate football pundits, especially Lawrenson who sits on MOTD going on about who's doing what wrong. If he was any good he might have lasted a bit longer as a manager rather than the week or so he spent at Oxford.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Timbo said:
Top man Mourinho is. At least he can see the ref had no option and blames the lawmakers not the ref.

Unlike that twat Andy Gray who felt the need to belittle the ref for about 10 minutes. I hate football pundits.
HEAR HEAR
In one breath, they'll berate the refere for being "inconsistant", and in the next breath, they'll moan about him "applying the rules to the letter of the law, but not showing any COMMON SENSE".

You can't have it BOTH ways, you lardo jocko clown.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Easy 10 said:
HEAR HEAR
In one breath, they'll berate the refere for being "inconsistant", and in the next breath, they'll moan about him "applying the rules to the letter of the law, but not showing any COMMON SENSE".

You can't have it BOTH ways, you lardo jocko clown.

And then they get one of those machines out that draws lines across the pitch and proves that the striker was 2 inches offside at the precise moment the ball was kicked and then say 'oh dear what was the linesman doing there?'. Tell you what, heres a flag, you go and have a go. You self rightous prick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here