Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Union Saint-Gilloise

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
Ridiculous penalty for handball. 2-2.
Think according to the current rules, his arm was in an unnatural position, making his body bigger. Like the penalty for Chelsea the other day.

Quite why the ref thought it was worth a yellow card though...?

And now 3-2 to USG. They are excellent on the counter.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Think according to the current rules, his arm was in an unnatural position, making his body bigger. Like the penalty for Chelsea the other day.

Quite why the ref thought it was worth a yellow card though...?

And now 3-2 to USG. They are excellent on the counter.
Any players we could nick ? Boniface ?

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
USG is now a club thriving under new ownership. A big, Belgian club, reborn. But arguably, their best players are owned by Brighton and the tested in the Belgian league to give them great experience.

Do USG fans think their partnership with Brighton is a good thing? Do they find it patronising, evolutionary, exciting or upsetting?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Do you? There are almost no USG posters on here.
Indeed there aren't.

I'd hazard a guess that all the while they are challenging for the league title and going deep into European competition, they're quite happy. But the minute that taking back our players starts to affect them detrimentally, that will probably change.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I suppose it would be like us in league one seeing what prospect players our top league feeder club are giving us each season. I wouldn’t have seen the point of the Undav transfer the other way round tbh and it would of annoyed me losing our top striker after winning promotion to the champion ship.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Haven't looked at their forum in a while (its not very active, think they have a big Facebook-group or something instead) but when I have in the past, they seem happy clappy. There are hypothetical situations where Brighton send them shite players and force them to play and then maybe they'd be grumpy, but that has not been the case.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Seems they don't have any more Mitomas
Mitoma was decent there last season and there was reason to believe he would do ok for us, but he certainly didn't look like the player he is now. By that respect Simon Adingra has more goals and assists than Mitoma managed last season already, so another reason to believe he could make the step up to our squad and the PL.

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
Mitoma was decent there last season and there was reason to believe he would do ok for us, but he certainly didn't look like the player he is now. By that respect Simon Adingra has more goals and assists than Mitoma managed last season already, so another reason to believe he could make the step up to our squad and the PL.
I hope so but I have a feeling after watching him a few times albeit not live that Adingra is more like a slightly quicker Percy but without the football brain Mitoma obviously has . You need the football brain as well as the top level .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here