Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Union Saint-Gilloise

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Has Tony been responsible for any stadium improvements at USG? Or are any planned? It looks bit Withdean like at the moment.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Has Tony been responsible for any stadium improvements at USG? Or are any planned? It looks bit Withdean like at the moment.

They’ve been updating their twitter semi regularly with changes they’re doing and photos. They’re currently installing under soil heating.

Also there’s reports we’re trying to sign MK Dons 20 year old left wing back Matthew Sorinola and sending him out on loan to them for the season.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Now in the Jupiler Pro League, I’d be surprised if we didn’t see players like Izquierdo, Tau and even Locadia pop up here as we struggle to move them on elsewhere.

They’d join Cochrane & Seb Pocognoli as well as a player named Brighton (Labeau) and Christian Burgess who like Webster & Clarke, was Portsmouth best centre half before he outgrew League One football.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Also there’s reports we’re trying to sign MK Dons 20 year old left wing back Matthew Sorinola and sending him out on loan to them for the season.

Naylor is reporting that he has signed directly for USG

They have also signed bart nieuwkoop from Feynoord

Royale Union Saint-Gilloise is the new club of Bart Nieuwkoop
Footballer Bart Nieuwkoop from Tholen will start in the Belgian league next season. The defender has signed a three-year contract with PhD candidate Royale Union Saint-Gilloise in Brussels. Nieuwkoop thus says goodbye to Feyenoord after ten years, the club with which he became national champion in 2017,

Coach has signed an indefinite contract extension.....“Our champion maker has just signed an indefinite contract extension at Union,” it says in a statement. "Felice Mazzu will therefore remain at the helm in the Dudenpark in first class A too!"

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
"Felice Mazzu will therefore remain at the helm in the Dudenpark in first class A too!"
Anyone else not see that as an exclamation mark and thought it was a reference to Dyche/Grealish/McGleish/SEGW/Shyster/Moss/Hoops/InsertNameAsApplicable?

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Now they've been promoted we should be sending them a few loan players for game time. Would be a good test for some of our u23s

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Naylor is reporting that he has signed directly for USG

I'm sure Albion are aware of Sorinola and have been for years. He was in the academy at Fulham but got released during his U-16 schoolboy season of 2016-17. He started following my Seagulls Academy twitter account (and the official Albion twitter account) in March 2017, which strongly suggests Albion gave him a trial at that time. However, if they did nothing came of it as he started a scholarship with MK Dons that summer.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
The fixtures have been released for 2021/22 season.
Union will start the season with a derby in Anderlecht and will host Club Bruges for the first home game in 1A.

https://rusg.brussels/en/articles-en/calendar-2021-22

I'm sure that once restrictions are lifted for travelling to Belgium that a few Albion fans will be thinking about visiting to watch a game.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
USG have now completed their pre-season friendlies and have remained undefeated in all nine games.
It has included decent wins over Amiens SC and Lens, and a goalless draw at Standard Liège.

On Sunday their league season begins with a mouthwatering opening day clash at neighbours Anderlecht.
I'm sure the Union fans are enjoying their ride on Tony Bloom's generosity as much as we are.

Good luck to USG and their fans for the season ahead.

Allez l'Union !

Screenshot 2021-07-23 at 10.33.59.png

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
They were certainly rattling in some goals too. I wonder if we might be tempted to loan out Percy Tau to them?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
They were certainly rattling in some goals too. I wonder if we might be tempted to loan out Percy Tau to them?
Chances are they have already racked up Tony's goal quota for the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here