[Football] Union Berlin, you have been told!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
These wise words come with each Union member’s pack. Never leave before the final whistle, never single out a player!

They had some choice words for Joey Barton as well.

D709AE87-E469-4B4A-9585-CD85D09AB8FE.jpeg

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
These wise words come with each Union member’s pack. Never leave before the final whistle, never single out a player!

They had some choice words for Joey Barton as well.

View attachment 181677
My O-level German just about stretches to most of that.

Presume 'Sundenbock' is 'scapegoat'?

Anyway, EISERN UNION ✊

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
My O-level German just about stretches to most of that.

Presume 'Sundenbock' is 'scapegoat'?

Anyway, EISERN UNION ✊
Correct, it is scapegoat. I had to check this, and also had to look up most of the last one.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I picked up my German from Commando magazine , so you may have to translate .

Never make a player a scapegoat.
Never whistle at the team.
Don't leave the stadium before the final whistle.
Hoarseness is the sore muscle of the union.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I bet they have decent transport links
They used to have a really rowdy boat blasting out rock and punk songs which departed Treptower and landed next to the stadium. It was rammed full of supporters all drinking and singing. I cannot find any mention of it so maybe it has stopped. It was quite a sight as it made it's way down the river.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
They used to have a really rowdy boat blasting out rock and punk songs which departed Treptower and landed next to the stadium. It was rammed full of supporters all drinking and singing. I cannot find any mention of it so maybe it has stopped. It was quite a sight as it made it's way down the river.

And that was at the beginning when they were parking the boat in the car park!

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Two operated for the Bayern game. They were docked near Alte Köpenick when I passed. They usually have one for the last game of the season.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Two operated for the Bayern game. They were docked near Alte Köpenick when I passed. They usually have one for the last game of the season.
Good to know.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
For you Tommy, ze var is over. Ze English are brave but foolish.
The Monday after we had been knocked out of the WC in SA I was at a meeting at German Air Base In Bavaria. it was a mixture of serviceman, ex serviceman and Civvies. One of the ex German Fast Jet pilots came over to me and in his best ‘German accent‘ proceeded to say ’ for you Englander, ze vorld cup is over’.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports