Uni

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Anyond got any partners going to uni?

Been with mine since may, known her for 2 years, and she is off to Manchester, staying together through it, already got some dates planned and she is back for the hols etc

Any of u guys got any going, or had any go? You staying together? Tried and failed? Some storys on here would help me

Feel pretty shit at moment she is going

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
It never works!

Well, I'm sure it does work sometimes, but all of my friends at Uni split up with their previous partners at some point in the early stages of the course. Firstly because of the issue of travel and long distances relationships, secondly because for many being 'involved' in the uni lifestyle means not having a partner from a previous life. One of my friend's girlfriend went to uni a year before him, and despite the fact that they'd been going out for 3 years she had cheated on him within a few weeks - although I realise the moral of that story is that she had questionable morals rather than going to uni definetely means you will sleep around.

The only thing you can do is have set dates to go up and come back and make sure she's coming back in between. Uni terms are pretty short, and usually have a reading week, so you only need to go up twice over a term to pretty much be seeing each other every couple of weeks.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I know people that have made it happen and are stronger for it. If it doesn't, you're young and you'll get over it.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Yea she is pretty awesome, we care a lot about each other!

Worked for a mate who met his gf 2 weeks before departing, and I know a few more 2!!

Friend of mine lived 6 hours away from each other down under and it worked for 2 years

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Manchester is a fantastic, lively city. She chose well and will enjoy it especially the nightlife and people are so friendly up there. My sister went to university and she loved it. I had some amazing weekends when I visited her. Caned it big time.

albion534, it's natural that you'll miss her but your relationship might grow even stronger. Say to her that you trust her and how you're feeling about really missing her. :thumbsup:

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Manchester is a fantastic, lively city. She chose well and will enjoy it especially the nightlife and people are so friendly up there. My sister went to university and she loved it. I had some amazing weekends when I visited her. Caned it big time.

albion534, it's natural that you'll miss her but your relationship might grow even stronger. Say to her that you trust her and how you're feeling about really missing her. :thumbsup:

I'm not really aloud to say how much I miss her cause she says it will make her homesick and she ways to enjoy uni

Not even my classic

I miss you when I blink line helped!

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
Don't want to put a dampener on it, but being in a relationship at uni was, for me, a hinderence. Not because I wanted to sleep around, just because it doesn't fit the lifestyle well. But then we probably wouldn't have worked anyway and every relationship is different. Good Luck!

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Don't want to put a dampener on it, but being in a relationship at uni was, for me, a hinderence. Not because I wanted to sleep around, just because it doesn't fit the lifestyle well. But then we probably wouldn't have worked anyway and every relationship is different. Good Luck!

Yea I think everyone is different, as I said, worked for my mate, and she is the first gf I have had who isn't crazy!

So that helps

ryeseagull

Feb 26, 2009
United States
My wife and I managed it. And were went to University on opposite sides of the Atlantic in an era before webcams.

It just meant that I spend all my loan money on prostitutes...

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Yeah, i've been with my girlfriend for one and a half years, i went off to uni last september and she is going on saturday after doing a foundation in brighton, we're staying together through it and its easier than people make out. There are hard parts but you just have to get through them and not make any rash decisions, after all, it will be difficult to actually see them in person to sort things out if it all goes pear shaped.

Use skype, its effing brilliant :thumbsup:

Stumpy Tim

Every girl i knew who went to my uni with a bloke ended up cheating on him repeatedly or splitting up with him quickly. Some of the guys would visit and be a laughing stock. People shouldn't go to Uni with a partner - it really can ruin the experience.

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Every girl i knew who went to my uni with a bloke ended up cheating on him repeatedly or splitting up with him quickly. Some of the guys would visit and be a laughing stock. People shouldn't go to Uni with a partner - it really can ruin the experience.

I suppose it depends on what type of woman they are, obviously ur lucky and theyre easy!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Anyond got any partners going to uni?

Been with mine since may, known her for 2 years, and she is off to Manchester, staying together through it, already got some dates planned and she is back for the hols etc

Any of u guys got any going, or had any go? You staying together? Tried and failed? Some storys on here would help me

Feel pretty shit at moment she is going

She chose well as you have somewhere to stay for Blackburn, Bolton etc.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Worked for me and my girlfriend - she went to Chester for 3 years and it was hard - tried to go up and see her as much as possible and she was down in the holidays, but it's just a case of finding the time for each other and making the most of the time you have together. We'd been together 4 months when she left and we're still together after 7 years.

Don't put too much pressure on it, just let things happen and try and be there when she needs it - as mentioned before, use Skype as you can then sexytime with her if you need ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports