Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Unforgettable Names

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
In Littlehampton, two brothers Paul and Andrew........second name Nurse. I give you Mr P Nurse and Mr A Nurse. I thank you!

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I really, really, really used to deal with a guy called Mike Hunt. He insisted on being called Mike, so you couldn't try asking for Michael Hunt. He was a brand manager for a international car dealer franchise network.

I used to work with a michael hunt at national tyres in Horsham, insisted on being called mick.

Also know a Lee King, depot manager for ATS, should have been a plumber

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
German slalom skier - fanny schmeller

Austrian ski jumper - Andreas wank

And a blOke at work I gave ti phone gas the surname " lovering" which makes me snigger every time

Igloowidgit

Aug 9, 2009
Used to work with in big US company, they had some good ones... Hiro Donoshita and Kermit Ring always made me smile

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I remember there was a footballer called Fucks. Can't recall his first name but when he was transferred there was a headline along the lines of 'Andreas Fucks Off To River Plate.'

Here's the one I saw:-

615.gif

:lolol:

ps And who could forget Ralf Minge; Bongo Christ; & more recently the marvelously-named Chilean defender Waldo Ponce?

'Scenes. :clap2:

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
I once bought a car from a gentleman named Ivor Payne. No idea what his parents were thinking of.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
A woman I met has the surname Wankovski she insists its pronounced van-cow-ska

el punal

Just remembered, a while back our washing machine was on its last legs. So, my wife and I went to Comet/Curry's to buy a new one. As we were browsing a salesman came up and started to explain the pros. and cons. of each model. Following his advice we decided to go away and discuss all the options.
He said "No problem. If you need any more help just ask for me - the name's Wally." With that he handed me his business card with his name WALLY WASH. I just cracked up!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
However my sources lead me to believe there is a Wayne Kerr in Uckfield.
And also a company of the same name in Chichester - I believe there excuse is that the name is a celebration of the US-UK partnership and is formed from the surnames of John Wayne and Deborah Kerr :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here