Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Underlying health conditions - why so few details?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
My wife has just got hers

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
I have just received a text from the NHS confirming that they have identified me as someone at risk and I need to stay indoors for the next 12 weeks.:down:

I just received the same text, "You can open a window, but dont leave the house" and stay 3 steps away from others indoors........... WTF
Twelve weeks and I cant go in my back garden to get a bit of exercise.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I have just received a text from the NHS confirming that they have identified me as someone at risk and I need to stay indoors for the next 12 weeks.:down:

At least you know now. When did you get the text out of interest? I’ve fit a relatively minor and mostly asymptomatic heart condition, and I’ve been wondering whether I’m due one of these. I get texts from the NHS to say that I’m at high risk from flu, though I appreciate this is a different beast.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Just suppose they announced, for example, that everyone who has died globally so far had been a smoker and that anyone who was a non-smoker would not die from this virus - would that change your attitude?
Yes if that were the case, all non smokers could go out, get infected and recover, while all smokers would have to properly self-isolate until the rest of us were better. But obviously that's not the case, it's never going to be as simple as that. Some people who are not old, and have no other known health issues, will die from this.

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
At least you know now. When did you get the text out of interest? I’ve fit a relatively minor and mostly asymptomatic heart condition, and I’ve been wondering whether I’m due one of these. I get texts from the NHS to say that I’m at high risk from flu, though I appreciate this is a different beast.

It was at 19:00

The Brighton Bear

May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
Hope so, I received the text message this afternoon. I have had to arrange for a district nurse to come and take some bloods tomorrow, so I will ask her advice as well.

This is part of the guidance from the NHS:

What does it entail?

It means staying at home at all times. You should not go out to shop or go for a walk in public places - it is fine to go into your garden if you have one.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
Thanks mate. I like my fags but would be insane to carry on 15 a day now. I need to at least give myself a sporting chance. I would probably make it but the symptoms will be, probably will be much worse for smokers than non smokers. And if I make it through, the Corona is a positive as it forced my hand something I should have done years ago

It’s probably a good time to bounce this.......

https://www.northstandchat.com/show...tting-Smoking-Thread/page19&highlight=Smoking

Good luck. Coming up to 8 years for me:thumbsup:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't want to know their name, address, date of birth and religion, that can all be withheld.
All I want to know is what the underlying health condition actually was in cases where covid-19 proved fatal - no GDPR breach in that.

It can still be possible to indirectly disclose personally sensitive information about a patient even if you don’t name them. I presume this is why hospitals don’t state the exact causes.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I just received the same text, "You can open a window, but dont leave the house" and stay 3 steps away from others indoors........... WTF
Twelve weeks and I cant go in my back garden to get a bit of exercise.
Yes, I got that as well - wasn't helpful, was it? Caused a lot of worry for a couple of days, trying to find out if they really meant I couldn't even go out to the garden for twelve weeks.

The media is still being very sloppy about this - every day they point out that people should stay at home except for occasional shopping for essentials, exercise once a day, etc. Well, that doesn't apply for all of us - there's one and a half million of us out here to whom those exceptions do not apply! What's more, they don't apply to people who are self-isolating because they, or a member of their household, is displaying symptoms - but I bet there's a fair few wandering about out there convinced that in self-isolation it's fine to exercise once a day, shop for essentials, etc.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I believe that you can go out in your garden.

They don't use the word garden, as some idiots would then go out into "their" garden when they share with others, ie a block of flats. Instead they use the expression "private space" - so if you have a garden that only you and your family use, then this is your private space and you're fine!

Last edited:

The Brighton Bear

May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
They don't use the word garden, as some idiots would then go out into "their" garden when they share with others, ie a block of flats. Instead they use the expression "private space" - so if you have a garden that only you and your family use, then this is your private space and you're fine!

I received the letter from the NHS today regarding my vulnerable health condition. On their guidance they advise "Get out into your garden if you can".

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I received the letter from the NHS today regarding my vulnerable health condition. On their guidance they advise "Get out into your garden if you can".
Yep, I got that one too. Thank goodness I can use my garden!

As the feeling of being stir-crazy gradually gets worse and worse, my thoughts will start to turn towards my car, parked on the drive with a full tank of petrol. With just me in it, and all the windows and ventilator vents shut tight, could that, like my garden, be considered an extension of my home? - just to get a change od scenery, not getting out or anything.
Just thinking ...............................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here