Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] under 23s take on worthing

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
First-half XI: Rushworth, Packham, Tsoungui, Roberts, Furlong, Dicker, Leonard, Sarmiento, Trialist A, Khadra, Ella

There is some argument about who is wearing what number. My feeble attempt, based on paltry acquaintance with these players is as follows:
9 Ella, certain about this one
7 Khadra, pretty sure on this, based on the fact that he's playing on the left, and is pretty well built
10 Trialist -- this player is certainly left-footed, so don't think it's Sarmiento -- but it might be Leonard (who I've never seen, or seen play, before)
11 Sarmiento

6 is definitely Roberts, 4 Weir and 8 Dicker

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
There is some argument about who is wearing what number. My feeble attempt, based on paltry acquaintance with these players is as follows:
9 Ella, certain about this one
7 Khadra, pretty sure on this, based on the fact that he's playing on the left, and is pretty well built
10 Trialist -- this player is certainly left-footed, so don't think it's Sarmiento -- but it might be Leonard (who I've never seen, or seen play, before)
11 Sarmiento

6 is definitely Roberts, 4 Weir and 8 Dicker

Leonard looks like a cherub faced Scot . Unless he started being able to grow a beard over pre season. He's also much more of an orthodox CM.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Thoughts from the 1st half:

1. Albion in full control - 1st 20 mins very lively, rest of the half comfortable.
2. Kadra man of the half - quick feet, comfortable taking players on and dribbling.
3. Sarmiento bright start, then quietened down. The same can be said for the triallist No. 10.
4. No. 6 Roberts has also caught the eye. Tidy in defence, a couple of 60 yard passes pinged and a testing shot from distance.
5. Ella looks like he's carrying a bit of timber. Decent finish for the opener but wasted his second chance with a weak header from close range when unmarked.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Club twitter account confirms that Sarmiento is indeed the number 11.

"15' Albion take the lead as Sarmiento has a shot well saved, but Ella is there with an easy header, nodding into an empty net"

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
1 Rushworth
2 packham
3 furlong
4 Leonard
5 tsoungui
6 Roberts
7 khadra
8 dicker
9 Ella
10 trialist
11 Sarmiento.

Will be all change second half

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I suspect the team news was wrong and Weir has replaced Leaonard and is number 4. But it could be he...

Good call. I hadn't twigged that Weir wasn't on the 11 that you posted. I'd imagine that, if he's not playing, that Weir would be injured, but that's just speculation.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Slightly bizarre seeing Gary Dicker back in an Albion shirt playing alongside a load of youngsters. More so than it was Crofts, for some reason.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Good call. I hadn't twigged that Weir wasn't on the 11 that you posted. I'd imagine that, if he's not playing, that Weir would be injured, but that's just speculation.

Maybe replacing Leaonard if the team news is right at HT. I've confused them at times watching last season. Both very good players.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
IIRC it wasn't that long ago that Worthing were one of the main pre season friendlies for the first team, not the first run out for the youth teams. How things have changed.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Second half XI: McGill, Offiah, Dendoncker, Turns, Miller, Peupion, Collyer, Spong, Tanimowo, Tolaj, Everitt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here