Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Under 21s v Arsenal U21s at 2pm

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
A 1 nil loss? Hughton will be delighted. Keep it tight lads.

As we got seriously tanked 4 or 5-0 in the home fixture by a very, very good young Arsenal team, there is more truth behind your sarcasm than you realise. But why let evidence get in the way of a cheap shot, after all the U21s should be all about the result.

PG

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Hope not Dan Pappoe has looked good this season, probably one of the ones from the 21's who could potentially make the step up in the future

Agreed. Needs to improve his discipline but maybe we could learn from having let Kasim go to Swindon for the same reason

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Hope not Dan Pappoe has looked good this season, probably one of the ones from the 21's who could potentially make the step up in the future

Agreed. Needs to improve his discipline but maybe we could learn from having let Kasim go to Swindon for the same reason

Talking of Daniel Pappoe - quite by chance, I happened upon this photo on t'internet last night:-

PappoeBamford.jpg

Apparently taken during their U-13 year, it shows Danny Pappoe, who was already in the Chelsea academy, and Patrick Bamford, who wouldn't sign for the Blues until a few years later.

According to their respective documents, the British-born Bamford's birth certificate gives a DOB of 5 September 1993. Ghanaian-born Danny's birth certificate has his DOB as 30 December 1993.

Yep; Bamford is 116 days OLDER than Pappoe. Looks can be deceiving, can't they?

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003

Pappoe has looked alright but he is a third year U21 (two years U18 and two years U21 at Chelsea) so it's only natural that he looks a little ahead of the others. I'm not saying we shouldn't hold onto him but I think that context needs to be taking into consideration. My hunch is he'll be one to go, as he's no longer really an U21 (he's 21 already) and he needs to go out and player senior football somewhere.

On the other hand, young Ben White, a first year scholar, has had a number of appearances for the U21's this season (8 I think) and done well. He's one to keep an eye on. Tom Dallison's also 2 years younger than Pappoe and played 12 games in the Conference for Dartford this past season. To my untrained eye it certainly looked like that loan spell had benefited him when watching the game yesterday.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Pappoe has looked alright but he is a third year U21 (two years U18 and two years U21 at Chelsea) so it's only natural that he looks a little ahead of the others. I'm not saying we shouldn't hold onto him but I think that context needs to be taking into consideration. My hunch is he'll be one to go, as he's no longer really an U21 (he's 21 already) and he needs to go out and player senior football somewhere.

On the other hand, young Ben White, a first year scholar, has had a number of appearances for the U21's this season (8 I think) and done well. He's one to keep an eye on. Tom Dallison's also 2 years younger than Pappoe and played 12 games in the Conference for Dartford this past season. To my untrained eye it certainly looked like that loan spell had benefited him when watching the game yesterday.

Have we signed Dallison ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here