Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Under 21 crowd tonight?

i assume you'll admit that your original post was bollocks and was just another pointless snipe at the club / amex again? 20,000 is a phenomenal crowd for a nothing under 21 friendly against second rate opposition on a freezing tuesday night.

No i wanted 25k in the ground tbh,it was a great chance to showcase the amex to potential supporters and players. The geoff hurst package was good no trouble getting served,i think the birdman should try getting into the ground before 7.30.The esu still best view i've had at the amex:thumbsup:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
You could tell it wasn't a normal Albion crowd because nobody booed Nathaniel Clyne when he came on.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There certainly was and we were proud to be a part of it. Game long dead as a contest. Wouldn't do it for an Albion game, but happy to exit early and get home pronto tonight.

Did it finish 3-0? :thumbsup:

Same here. I am passionate about the albion, but to be honest a bit 'plastic' with my England support, and a bit of a 'Big Game Charlie'.

So it was a great opportunity to practice the Fire Drill for the first time, and home and warm nice and early.

:lolol:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
No i wanted 25k in the ground tbh,it was a great chance to showcase the amex to potential supporters and players. The geoff hurst package was good no trouble getting served,i think the birdman should try getting into the ground before 7.30.The esu still best view i've had at the amex:thumbsup:

Let me guess, you think we should have given the tickets away free?

dragonred

Aug 8, 2011
Hove
strange atmosphere but gives a lot of kids the chance to go to the Amex and hopefully they will be the next generation of Albion fans in the making.....Cant say England U21 games of any real interest to me but events like this all help to showcase the stadium as one of the best in England - got an invite to a box yesterday and I can now see why the RFU want games at the Amex for the world cup - in terms of corporate entertaining not many stadiums are a patch on the Amex at being able to handle a large number of corporate guests in such comfort! Having 'experienced' Palace corporate box last year believe you me, the difference is beyond any description!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
strange atmosphere but gives a lot of kids the chance to go to the Amex and hopefully they will be the next generation of Albion fans in the making.....Cant say England U21 games of any real interest to me but events like this all help to showcase the stadium as one of the best in England - got an invite to a box yesterday and I can now see why the RFU want games at the Amex for the world cup - in terms of corporate entertaining not many stadiums are a patch on the Amex at being able to handle a large number of corporate guests in such comfort! Having 'experienced' Palace corporate box last year believe you me, the difference is beyond any description!

I'll be first in the queue for rugby tickets if the Amex is appointed, regardless of who plays there. I imagine it will only be lesser matches featuring teams like Japan, Romania and the Spains of this world ( and maybe Scotland :lolol:). Can't see it being any of the leading nations given the comparitively small capacity

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

forrest

Aug 11, 2010
haywards heath

England's penalty from last night.

The atmosphere was certainly different last night. Sending off's certainly changed the game. Which turned it into more of a training game. I thought the Austrian number 8 was pretty good for them.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Big plus for the club, delivering for the FA, showing we can put on events, travel, food/drink, merchandise, safety all worked well, just a shame the seats aren't heated...

All part of the club growing and the revenue streams getting to Gus to keep squad building, well done to all who bought tickets and spent cash on programmes etc.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Big plus for the club, delivering for the FA, showing we can put on events, travel, food/drink, merchandise, safety all worked well, just a shame the seats aren't heated...

All part of the club growing and the revenue streams getting to Gus to keep squad building, well done to all who bought tickets and spent cash on programmes etc.

The shop was doing a roaring trade too.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

D

Deleted member 22389

Makes me even more proud to be a Brighton supporter. Wonder if they will ever get an England friendly. Like you say this is great for the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here