Under 21 crowd tonight?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
Absolute joke organization for tonight.. Got to the ground at 7:15 but didn't get inside until almost 8. One steward told me to join one queue to collect my tickets, got almost to the front to find out I was meant to be in the other queue.. When we finally got in we were told they had sold out of all hot food and to come back at half time. We joined the queue just before the half time whistle and by the time we got to the front of the queue we missed the second sending off and the goal. Got back to our seats on 50 minutes with no hot food as they had sold out again... :angry:

That ticket collection was a joke, why where there no signs telling us it was sorted alphabetical only to find out after queuing at 20 bloody minutes!!

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
A strange, passionless experience, I thought. But somehow still enjoyable (I love the Amex).

We sat in the South East corner for the first half, and the North West for the second. I haven't done that, changed ends at half time, since I was a kid. I'm glad I did - otherwise the second half would have been very, very distant...

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Quite enjoyable game. I see there are plenty mocking the occasion but the kids enjoyed it and it could bode well for future supporters at the Amex.
Ok the Mexican wave may have seemed naff but it was very cold and unlike some who commented on here, i was at the game, i did join in and just tried to get into the spirit of it.
I realised when i walked into the Amex that this was going to be a different type of support to BHA games, it was very quiet but many youngsters will go home happy tonight, and i got to sit in the WS for a change.

Not impressed by the ESL catering. Joined the queue in the 42nd minute of the first half. Got served in time to get back to my seat in the 5th minute of the second half. And the queue was nowhere near as long as they manage to serve regularly and much quicker at half-time in the North Stand concourse. And they were running out of food items long before the whole queue was served.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
And, the result ?

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Quite enjoyable game. I see there are plenty mocking the occasion but the kids enjoyed it and it could bode well for future supporters at the Amex.
Ok the Mexican wave may have seemed naff but it was very cold and unlike some who commented on here, i was at the game, i did join in and just tried to get into the spirit of it.
I realised when i walked into the Amex that this was going to be a different type of support to BHA games, it was very quiet but many youngsters will go home happy tonight, and i got to sit in the WS for a change.

Agreed a bit weird but enjoyable with some entertaining football the organisation was not up to the usual standard do the FA provide the stewards? The real bonus was the number of youngster enjoying the Amex experience, we had one on our coach who was a premiership fan on the way down and then bugging his dad for an Albion shirt on the way back, so if we have converted some Sussex kids to the Albion then a good nights work.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
As a trainee youth worker we took 8 kids aged between 7 and 12 tonight. They all love football but just didn't seem too interested. Me, I was bored, cold and quite frankly wished I never got asked to take them. No hot food and the bloke on one till in the south stand took about 45 minutes to serve about 6 people

The Mexican wave just sort of topped off it all off really.

Rant over.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
As a trainee youth worker we took 8 kids aged between 7 and 12 tonight. They all love football but just didn't seem too interested. Me, I was bored, cold and quite frankly wished I never got asked to take them. No hot food and the bloke on one till in the south stand took about 45 minutes to serve about 6 people

The Mexican wave just sort of topped off it all off really.

Rant over.

I think I had the same person.. Someone as thick as that guy should not be allowed to work in customer service..

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Bus back into town full of German/Austrians,also had a bloke supporting Austria next to me in the ground:facepalm:

I assume you'll admit that your original post was bollocks and was just another pointless snipe at the club / Amex again? 20,000 is a phenomenal crowd for a nothing under 21 friendly against second rate opposition on a freezing Tuesday night.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Not impressed by the ESL catering. Joined the queue in the 42nd minute of the first half. Got served in time to get back to my seat in the 5th minute of the second half. And the queue was nowhere near as long as they manage to serve regularly and much quicker at half-time in the North Stand concourse. And they were running out of food items long before the whole queue was served.
It was not good in the Geoff Hurst lounge ran out of hot water for tea at half time ran out of bags for pies and the girl serving said we got to get them from the other end of the stadium . Mates could not get served at the Bar ok we only paid £25 I hope the service is better for the 1901 customers oh I mean fans?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
A crowd of 20,000 is pretty amazing imo. No interest whatsoever in going myself but still impressed given how cold it was and how it wasn't a match to set the pulse racing

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports