Under 21 crowd tonight?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yep, plus another 3

Oh and WSL kiosk service is a fecking joke

Same in south. Queues went all way back to shutters 5 mins before HT. Luckily left to get pie after 1st goal so was at front of the queue. Was awful before game as well-only half of the kiosks open and had ran out of pies 10 mins before start! Utter shambles!!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There certainly was and we were proud to be a part of it. Game long dead as a contest. Wouldn't do it for an Albion game, but happy to exit early and get home pronto tonight.

Did it finish 3-0? :thumbsup:

Nope, 4-0

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Same in south. Queues went all way back to shutters 5 mins before HT. Luckily left to get pie after 1st goal so was at front of the queue. Was awful before game as well-only half of the kiosks open and had ran out of pies 10 mins before start! Utter shambles!!

Mind you I did something very geeky, walked from the WSL to the ESL.

Saw parts of the ground I have never seen before so very interesting.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
I went to get a steak pie around the 38-40 min mark, had none and got told at least 10-15 mon wait if I wanted one.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Ahh I was under the impression the upper tiers were fully shut

Don't need upper tiers to reach 20000, think east and west upper only accounts to 9k combined or there abouts.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
Wait, there were people in WSU?

It's pretty easy to get 20,000 in a 30,000 stadium without the upper tiers though. I think WSU holds just over 4000 and ESU just under 4000.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Anyone? Genuily interested

Stand capacities...

West – 11,784
South – 4,815
East – 8,726
North – 5,425

I think East was c5000 before the upper tier, so 3700 in the upper tier. The WSU must be c5000 and the 'shelf' is 300 or so.

So, if everything else was full you'd be looking at 30,750 - 9,000 = 21,750.

c20,000 sounds about right from the pictures I've seen (I didn't travel from Somerset for this one, obviously).

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Mind you I did something very geeky, walked from the WSL to the ESL.

Saw parts of the ground I have never seen before so very interesting.

When the second half started I regretted not having suggested that we walk round to the ESL at half time (from our WSL seats) and sit in the empty '1901' seats towards the back of the ESL, of which there were several rows worth going spare.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Very.

Shame ESU wasn't open, as it would have been a lot more.

If more had bought tickets, the ESU would have been next to have gone on sale, when I would have bought 8 tickets, as it didn't, I didn't, amd there were plenty of others in the same boat. Hope everyone enjoyed it though, 20k for a U21 fiendly is not too shabby.

matt_32510

Feb 7, 2011
Portslade
Yes it was, I thought he was referring to the game last season

Was the West 1901 club open ?

The 1901 was open, but not many people.

I was sat in the south east corner and did not enjoy the view, to close to the pitch and hard to view the other end, will go back to the WSU, enjoyed the game though.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Stand capacities...

West – 11,784
South – 4,815
East – 8,726
North – 5,425

I think East was c5000 before the upper tier, so 3700 in the upper tier. The WSU must be c5000 and the 'shelf' is 300 or so.

So, if everything else was full you'd be looking at 30,750 - 9,000 = 21,750.

c20,000 sounds about right from the pictures I've seen (I didn't travel from Somerset for this one, obviously).

Cheers mate

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Great night

20K crowd, filling most of the lower seats.

Fantastic merchandise sales for the albion - kerching.

Maybe we've recruited some more 'plastics' after tonight :lolol:

Mexican Wave :ffsparr:

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Absolute joke organization for tonight.. Got to the ground at 7:15 but didn't get inside until almost 8. One steward told me to join one queue to collect my tickets, got almost to the front to find out I was meant to be in the other queue.. When we finally got in we were told they had sold out of all hot food and to come back at half time. We joined the queue just before the half time whistle and by the time we got to the front of the queue we missed the second sending off and the goal. Got back to our seats on 50 minutes with no hot food as they had sold out again... :angry:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports