Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Under 21 crowd tonight?

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Well the club shop was loaded with England merchandise, so come on kids pester your parents to buy buy buy.

I have already invested in two 'Come on England' red foamy hands....

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
tryign to buy four tickets but can't even get through to the queueing system on the ticket line at the moment!! Keep getting kicked .. absolute JOKE.

You leave it to the last minute to buy tickets that have been on sale for a month, on a day when loads of people are trying to buy Forest tickets too...and you're complaining at the Albion?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Just back from the club shop, small-ish queue and all buying England tickets, no one asking for Forest. Got 3 in the West. Will sell out soon I imagine (no upper tiers opening). Wear your thermals, cuz it's gonna be Ice Cold In Amex (lost consonants)

MV5BMTc0OTMxMDg2NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDA4MjkxMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR9,0,214,317_.jpg

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Argus reporting around 20,000 expected

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Anyone know the amount of tickets sold? Seems the amex magic is losing its power,mind you the weather doesn't help.
Should have thrown in a brighton player to boost the gate:blush:

F... Me are you still being such a tiresome bore? Any pathetic opportunity to have a dig and troll for attention.

Around 20k for an U21 game is a fantastic crowd in anybodies book. If you do insist on posting your attention seeking tripe do try a bit harder.

F... Me are you still being such a tiresome bore? Any pathetic opportunity to have a dig and troll for attention.

Around 20k for an U21 game is a fantastic crowd in anybodies book. If you do insist on posting your attention seeking tripe do try a bit harder.

AROUND 20K? ARGUS SAYING AROUND 17K WHICH NORMALLY MEANS 16K+,JUST THOUGHT FOR AN U21 WE WOULD BE PULLING IN 25K,THE NEW STADIUM AFFECT WILL LOSE ITS PULLING POWER OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF SEASONS AS WITH ALL OTHER NEW STADIA :blush:

Sory Rev, not sure what you mean about "we" should be pulling in, It's nothing to do with "we" is it?

Personally, they could have given the tickets away and I still wouldn't have gone. I have ZERO interest in U21 football, much like I have ZERO interest in Fat Boy Slims Music so didn't go to that either.

Frankly, if it's not us playing football I'm simply not interested.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Was told 18000 yesterday by the club which for an Under-21 friendly would be a brilliant turn-out. I think the play-off 1st leg at Carrow Road got about that. They often go back to Norwich because of the support, so hopefully this will get us more games in future.

sory rev, not sure what you mean about "we" should be pulling in, it's nothing to do with "we" is it?

Personally, they could have given the tickets away and i still wouldn't have gone. I have zero interest in u21 football, much like i have zero interest in fat boy slims music so didn't go to that either.

Frankly, if it's not us playing football i'm simply not interested.

Understand it will be a different customer at this game but a great chance to scoop up a few more of the next generation that might be impressed with the facilities:blush:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
AROUND 20K? ARGUS SAYING AROUND 17K WHICH NORMALLY MEANS 16K+,JUST THOUGHT FOR AN U21 WE WOULD BE PULLING IN 25K,THE NEW STADIUM AFFECT WILL LOSE ITS PULLING POWER OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF SEASONS AS WITH ALL OTHER NEW STADIA :blush:

No the Argus are saying in the region of 20,000.

Albion will work hard to reduce their losses says Barber From The Argus)

Here I'll even quote the important bit

Barber says events such as tonight’s under-21 international between England and Austria – which looks set to attract a crowd of about 20,000 – can play a key part in their attempts to increase income.

Anywhere near 20,000 is a great turn out for a Monday evening, not even in the school holidays and taking into account the fact its pretty much freezing out there.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Well they beat Romania 3-0 last Thursday in front of a crowd of 6,354, so I can see how a 15K plus crowd (which probably means 12K! not sure how you do your maths) is a shocking performance by us all. With the record crowd of 60,000 watching and U21 game at wembley when it opened I think WE are putting on a poor show and should stick to league games, well done to the chap saving his £10 for Peterborough away, the government would be proud its austerity measures are working.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
the two unopened tiers are 3,5k in the east and 5k in the west so even without them there was on opportunity to have c20k there which is way ahead of how many the u21s usually get.

I remember going to see the u21s at fratton park in april 1993 - Darren anderton was playing (and some southampton players too)and they still only got under 7k

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
As said 6,354 for the last under 21 match so to get roughly 20,000 will be amazing.

And don't forget it will be tickets sold not people attending! Which I reckon will make a difference of about 3,000. I for one have tickets that I won't be using.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Just overheard in the town centre shop, there's a couple of hundred tickets left; they haven't opened either of the upper tiers.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Just overheard in the town centre shop, there's a couple of hundred tickets left; they haven't opened either of the upper tiers.

Which may have cost them a little, as I reckon a few would have gone just to see what the view was like from the East or West Upper. I was considering it for that reason alone.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Which may have cost them a little, as I reckon a few would have gone just to see what the view was like from the East or West Upper. I was considering it for that reason alone.

Opening the upper tiers means bringing in additional stewards and catering staff , I think Mr Barber is trying to reduce costs not increase them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here