Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Undefeated or a few more points?

Undefeated or a few more points?

• Happy with the undefeated record

Votes: 43 36.1%
  • Would trade a few draws for wins and defeats and a few more points

Votes: 76 63.9%

• Total voters

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I want to get to half a season undefeated.

With that in mind,

Birmingham WIN
Charlton WIN
Derby DRAW
QPR WIN
Middlesbrough DRAW
Brentford WIN

will do nicely.

Can see us losing a all these games in paper :lol: but that's the pessimist in me...!

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It's like a successful cup run, and we all know what that means..........

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
It's obvious that everyone should go for more points, as much as the unbeaten run is amazing. However, I think some people are getting too hung up on the idea we're not winning games because we're worried about going for it and losing the unbeaten run (which I've seen suggested a few times). I think the alternative side is, even when we've not been playing at our best, we are picking up at least a point from games, games that we would have lost last season. Take the last four games, we've won at home to MK and got three really good draws away to top eight teams. It's hard to complain about that that even though we've dropped off the top of the league.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
No complaints, just keep drawing away and winning at home. Got a feeling our record will end to someone near the foot of the table..

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Whilst I appreciate it's our recent run that is a concern... The other teams around us have either won the same amount as us (9) or just one more.
If one of these teams had 12 wins, and was starting to pull away, then fair enough, but that's not the case.

With 2 points separating the top 5, it's more important to not give points away to the other top 6 teams. IMHO

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Undefeated until after the Brentford match to chalk up the half-season, and then to start winning more once Calleri signs in January :rock:

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
While you can dream up scenarios in which we would be better off with less points if we lose to those teams around us, statistically speaking you would expect, from where we are now, we would be better off with more points than less come the end of the season....So unless you phrase the question....'would you rather keep not losing, or win against lower teams and lose to top teams accumulating more points in the process' my answer is still on balance to accumulate more points.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here