Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

uncle spielburg money matters

brulee

Aug 12, 2008
i have been buying shares in barclays from 1.46 down to 0.93. in your opinion are they a good long term buy or am i just throwing money away.

i have been buying shares in barclays from 1.46 down to 0.93. in your opinion are they a good long term buy or am i just throwing money away.

Why are you buying them in the first place? Because you think they are cheap or because you like their business model?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
It would have to be a very long term investment...

brulee

Aug 12, 2008
thought they was cheap at 1.40, 1.20, 1.15,0.96,0.93. bussiness model seems good to me. just wondering if im missing something. i realise everything is going down in this market. just waiting for the re-bound.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
thought they was cheap at 1.40, 1.20, 1.15,0.96,0.93. bussiness model seems good to me. just wondering if im missing something. i realise everything is going down in this market. just waiting for the re-bound.

Difficult one but dealing in shares is no different from gambling. It could work out in the long term. Like in 15 years.

You could be waiting a long time to be honest mate. Of the banks I agree they are stonger than most but I'd say it's wrong to average down. Just sit tight on what you have. Markets very smelly today and it's only getting worse this month. BARC trading 77.6 right now.

Be very careful.

brulee

Aug 12, 2008
careful never springs to mind with me, but thanks for the advice. will try to wait for the end of the month before moving again.

will try to wait for the end of the month before moving again.

I would. And as coventry says, don't put all your eggs in that basket. If they were to turn around now and ask for a govt injection the share price would collapse.

brulee

Aug 12, 2008
bit more than that. hunrdeds not worth investing when dealing charges taking into account, still confident unless we go into a 30s depression.cant see that. to much money being thrown into the economy.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
bit more than that. hunrdeds not worth investing when dealing charges taking into account, still confident unless we go into a 30s depression.cant see that. to much money being thrown into the economy.

Just because money is being thrown into the economy dosen't mean it won't hit a terrible depression. I think investing in bank shares is dodgy at this moment in time. I sold mine a few years ago.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I do not give advice on investments.

Stoo82

GEEZUS!
Jul 8, 2008
Hove
You could be right. Its interesting that people are worried about keeping money in banks let alone buying shares in them. Invest in Gold is the answer

To behonist, and it maybe a bit of a joke. But i think the best thing is to invest in a shotgun millions of fags and loads of booze.

Fags and Booze when money becomes worthless and a shotgun to protect your assets.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
To behonist, and it maybe a bit of a joke. But i think the best thing is to invest in a shotgun millions of fags and loads of booze.

Fags and Booze when money becomes worthless and a shotgun to protect your assets.

Not sure how much to beleive the sunday express but it appears it could kick off big time in the summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here