Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle Spielberg's Film Club

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Silent Hill 5.4

Had hopes for this. It was 2 hours of nonsense really with a confusing plot and some decent effects and gore but as memorable as picking fluff from my navel really. Could do worse but it is not one I will be purchasing.

Looking forward to the DVD release of Harsh Times with the Balester next.

fatfingers

Aug 18, 2004
hove
Uncle Spielberg said:
Silent Hill 5.4

Had hopes for this. It was 2 hours of nonsense really with a confusing plot and some decent effects and gore but as memorable as picking fluff from my navel really. Could do worse but it is not one I will be purchasing.

Looking forward to the DVD release of Harsh Times with the Balester next.

Bought a copy of this from one of the Asian dvd sellers , took it home to find even though it had Silent Hill on the disc it contained Nice titties 8 :lolol:

Sometimes life is sweet

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Nice Titties 8 was probably better in all fairness

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Pevenseagull said:
Bad Boy Bubby

what a splendidly f***ed up flick that is

"The first thirty minutes of "Bad Boy Bubby" are great horror. Bubby (Nicholas Hope), a strange, retarded man-child, has been imprisoned by his mom (Claire Benito) for thirty years. He hasn't left the house, can't leave the house, because mom's been busy having sex with him and perverting his sponge-like mind. Early on, the film alienates viewers by throwing in a scene involving the killing of a cat. We then follow Bubby as he ventures into the outside world and has a series of amazing, hilarious adventures in which his outsider status is often misinterpreted. He fronts a rock band, gets intimate with a real disabled woman (Heater Slattery), and discovers life beyond the walls of his prison. The film is extremely original and daring, and Hope's performance as Bubby is .............................."

I might have to check that out, sounds extreme.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
I watched The Departed last night and have to say it's a great film. Some great performances from Nicholson, Wahlberg and suprisingly Matt Damon! Fast moving, some great lines and with some quick twists (which are justified) it's Scorsese back on form.

fatfingers

Aug 18, 2004
hove
Not much of a film buff to be honest, But if i was going to recomend one film it would be Man of fire, absulutley quality and thought provoking .

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Da Vinci Code - 8.0

Why was this film given such harsh critically reviews. Kermode slated it and seemed to be more interested in Hank's hair than the merits of the film for example and I heard it was slow and boring but the public didn't give jack shit about the critics because it took $ 720 000 000 at the box office and is the 21st most successful film of all time.

It was much better therefore than I had hoped, it was very intriguing and made you have to think about the plot and the acting was good and the story interesting and therefore I have to say the critics got this badly wrong and it is infact a good film and certainly better than scores of other films I have seen over the last couple of years.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
MI 3 - 5.7

2 hours of car chases, Cruise flexing his muscles and some nonsense about the Rabbits Foot. MI series is ok but nothing special to me, the worst of the 3 I would say, 2 hours of brainless fun but MI 4 I will not be waiting with anticipation for.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:

It was much better therefore than I had hoped, it was very intriguing and made you have to think about the plot and the acting was good and the story interesting and therefore I have to say the critics got this badly wrong and it is infact a good film and certainly better than scores of other films I have seen over the last couple of years.

''the acting was good and the story interesting''

What are you? Five?

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Uncle Spielberg said:
The Da Vinci Code - 8.0

certainly better than scores of other films I have seen over the last couple of years.

You must have seen scores of really shit films in the last couple of years then.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
''the acting was good and the story interesting''

What are you? Five?

How Ironic, taking the piss and then in the next post saying anyone seen Borat, the most pathetic and immature film ever made, Jackass 2 should be right down your street I reckon

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Dave the Gaffer agreed The Da Vinci Code was good, I guess it must be something someone over 18's or with a mental age over 18 might enjoy.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:
How Ironic, taking the piss and then in the next post saying anyone seen Borat, the most pathetic and immature film ever made, Jackass 2 should be right down your street I reckon

My post about Borat was in response to Les Biens thread. I was trying to be funny.

I like to think I succeeded.
xx

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here