Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle Spielberg's Film Club

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Vinny Jones really shouldnt do anymore films tho....

I thought this was a career best from Jones, ok thats not saying much and he will not be short listed at the next Oscars but he did what Jones does best, plays a hard man with a bit of a heart and looks and talks feirce and takes no shit. Perfect for the football coach role and rather entertaining.

Fair play to the bloke he was an average footballer who reached the top and has an FA Cup winner medal and is now becoming a bit of a player in Hollywood since Lock Stock, look as his rapidly increasing CV

Vinnie Jones

Date of birth (location)
5 January 1965
Watford, Hertfordshire, England, UK
Mini biography
Vinnie Jones was born in Watford, England on January 5th 1965.

Filmography as: Actor, Himself

Actor - filmography
(In Production) (2000s) (1990s)

Wolverine (2007) (announced) (rumored) .... Cain Marko/Juggernaut
Rush Hour 3 (2007) (pre-production) (rumored)
Carry on London (2007) (pre-production)
The Filthy War (2007) (pre-production) .... Zeljko Raznatovic "Arkan"
7-10 Split (2006) (filming) .... Roddy
The Condemned (2006) (filming)
The Riddle (2007) (post-production) .... Mike Sullivan
Garfield: A Tail of Two Kitties (2006) (voice) .... Rommel
... aka Garfield 2 (Australia) (Singapore: English title) (UK) (USA: working title)
X-Men: The Last Stand (2006) .... Cain Marko/Juggernaut
... aka X-Men 3 (Singapore: English title) (USA: working title)
... aka X3 (International: English title: informal short title) (USA: promotional abbreviation)
Played (2006) .... Detective Brice
She's the Man (2006) .... Coach Dinklage
Mysterious Island (2005) (TV) .... Bob
The Other Half (2005) .... The Boss
Submerged (2005) (V) .... Henry
Slipstream (2005) .... Winston Briggs
Hollywood Flies (2005) (TV) .... Sean
Johnny Was (2005) .... Johnny Doyle
The Number One Girl (2005) (V) .... Dragos Molnar
Survive Style 5+ (2004) .... Killer
Blast! (2004) .... Michael Kittredge
EuroTrip (2004) .... Mad Maynard
Tooth (2004) .... The Extractor
The Big Bounce (2004) .... Lou Harris
Night at the Golden Eagle (2002) .... Rodan
Mean Machine (2001) .... Danny Meehan
Swordfish (2001) .... Marco
Snatch. (2000) .... Bullet Tooth Tony
Gone in Sixty Seconds (2000) .... The Sphinx
Rebel Yell (2000) .... Bob Andrews
... aka Rebel Yell: The Billy Idol Story (USA: bootleg title)
Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (1998) .... Big Chris
... aka Two Smoking Barrels (USA)

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Spielberg said:
now becoming a bit of a player in Hollywood since Lock Stock, look as his rapidly increasing CV

I would be very surprised if this is true unc. He only got the part in X-Men 3 because Matthew Vaughn the producer of Lock, Stock was originally slated to direct. Other than that he hasn't made much of a splash.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Saw The Proposition on saturday. Very good, poetic without becoming boring and up its own ass. This juxtiposed well with the brutality off the outback and the way in which the British set out to 'tame' the land. Good narrative, excellent performances especially from John Hurt, Guy Pearce and Danny Huston.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Been a busy film weekend.

The Lady in the water:

While not his best work i found it better than signs or The Village.
Not really a massive twist in this one but still quite good.

Nacho Libre:

Jack Black was back to his best in this film and is worth a view if you like his stuff.

My Super ex girlfriend:
Luke is he less funny or the Wilson brothers normally but was quite good in this and had some good lines.

Walk the Line:

Whil not a big fan of Cash's music his life makes a interesting view and ws a lot better than I thought it would be.
JP and RW are class in the film and do a good job singing

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Anal first timers 6.1, good action at times, I think the scene involving Laurel and Hardy with Winnie Mandela may have been CGI rather than real.

European Cumbath 28 4.4. Usually I am a big fan of this series, but I fear that having seen the section featuring Tatiana from Belgrade that the golden age of narrative cinema is over.

Spunkbubble 8.9: A touching tale of a woman coming to terms with life and loss following a terrorist attack that leaves her with no family, and how she comes to terms with this by blowing jizz out of her nostrils.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Kinky Gerbils said:
How can you give spunkbubble 8.9? Its th most moving film I have ever seen.

I would have given it a 9+ if she had taken up the SNOWBALL option with the dental hygienist in Act III, scene II. A missed opportunity to show reconciliation and forgiveness in the context of two women exchanging goo

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
El Presidente said:
I would have given it a 9+ if she had taken up the SNOWBALL option with the dental hygienist in Act III, scene II. A missed opportunity to show reconciliation and forgiveness in the context of two women exchanging goo

Maybe, I guess that part was hit and miss - I thought the way they got the goldfish into the plot was fantasticly done.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Kinky Gerbils said:
Maybe, I guess that part was hit and miss - I thought the way they got the goldfish into the plot was fantasticly done.

True, I have never been able to attend the Brighton Aquarium since seeing it to be honest, it is just too emotional a scene

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Happy Gilmore 6.6 - amusing tale of reluctant golfer

Inside Man 5.8 - dissapointing, slow , got better in the last 30 minutes but average

The Matador 5.7 - another average and fairly dissapointing effort

The Waterboy 6.5 - amusing tale of Waterboy

None of the 4 will be in my top 20 but diverting enough

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I scanned the dvd store's shelves for a decent film. I had watched most of the new releases but my eyes fixed on this film and I am glad I rented it.

It is the most original and interesting film of the last few years. The story is complex for an action hero and is topical with massive swipes at the USA and UK governments , the war in the middle east and terrorism.

Its depiction of the government misleading the public and the public's final rebellion rings true with our shambles of a government. The blowing up of the Houses of Parliament being a good act as it destroys the corruption and lies.

There is a myriad of storylines but with a central theme and some blistering action set pieces with the masked one at the end in particular taking out about 8 blokes.

Hugo Weaving played the main role to perfection and Portman was very good. This film made me realise why I love the cinema so much.

It is beautiful to look at and will probably unearth a lot more with a 2nd viewing.

A close to modern action masterpiece

V for Vendetta 8.2

Anyone seen it ?.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Hills have Eyes remake 6.7

A pretty damn good remake of a classic horror starring Iain Dowie. In some ways better than the original, very gory and frightening and recommended.

Derailed 6.4

A pretty decent thriller with Clive Owen and Jennifer Aniston and a nasty piece of work, the sting at the end was pretty obvious really but I didn't see it coming.

Summer of Sam 7.8

Superb piece about a serial killer in New York in the summer of 77 with an excellent soundtrack, excellent performanes all round and a great work from Spike Lee. This is a must see it really is rather good with Adrian Brody pre the Pianist standing out. 7.8

Oy you bastards where are your film reviews :angry:

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
I sign up to LoveFilm.com, where if you have an Orange phone, you get money off - that's £9.99 a month for unlimited DVDs, 2 at a time.

And recently....

The Astronaut's Wife

Don't be fooled by both Johnny Depp and Charlize Theron being in this; terribly acted, poor direction, poor plot.

Sin City

Brilliant visually, marvellous story-telling; Mickey Rourke superb, Bruce Willis very very good. Clive Owen must have a bloody good agent as he doesn't deserve to be in films this good.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Poseidon

A rather enjoyable remake. It'll get plenty of slatings, because the acting is poor and some of the dialogue is jaw-droppingly bad ("ok, I'll go.......its only dead bodies, right ?"). It certainly doesn't shy away from showing the human form destroyed in an increasingly inventive and violent fashion, and my post-sunday-lunchtime-down-the-pub brain proved to be a receptive and appreciative audience.

V for Vendetta

Liked it. Some startling images, an interesting plot (very relevent to the eternal "War on Terrrrrr" that we have become so accustomed to under George and Tone), and the ravishing Natalie Portman to drool over during its two and a bit hours. Could've done with a couple more action sequences to break up the extensive (and articulate) dialogue, but overall it was a thought-provoking and interesting film that I enjoyed.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Mighty Joe Young 7.6

A family favourite of mine, rather under rated but a lovely little film with a gorgeous young Chaleze Theron and a dashing Bill ( my film cv is bigger than War and Peace ) Paxton about a 15 foot Gorilla and their struggles to save said Gorilla against the beastly poachers.

It really is rather special with some moving moments and one of the best family films of recent years.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Owen Wilson is a rather charming good looking bloke , nose and all who is good at what he does best. I have heard it is pretty good.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Anyone seen 16 blocks ??? , it is next on my rental hit list. I like Bruce Willis.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Uncle Spielberg said:
Owen Wilson is a rather charming good looking bloke , nose and all who is good at what he does best. I have heard it is pretty good.

He is - not quite in the Sandler or Farrell (spl) level,but not far off

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here