Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Ultra-Important for Falmer - read and act NOW ***

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Mr C said:
Someone might object to this, I dunno, but we could start faxing John Prescott too?

The link below enables you to send a fax to him from the web page. I assume he will see it and this is a worthwhile idea? Responses if not please!

Fax John Prescott

Faxed :

Dear Rt Hon John Prescott,

You will now be well aware of the reaction of Brighton & Hove Albion supporters to the report compiled by one of you inspectors regarding the Brighton and Hove Local Plan.

I implore ,neigh plead, that you pass the plans for construction of the football stadium. Without this new stadium at Falmer, Brighton and Hove Albion will cease to exist. As a fan of Hull City FC you will know what it feels like for your club to go to the brink ..... please remember this when considering the application.

Kind Regards,

TO QUOTE SEAGULLTONIAN FROM ANOTHER PAGE

Reading the website of Brighton & Hove City Council, regarding their regional plan for 2001, a Stadium at Falmer is one of the major plans that they would like to see happen, and it is their preferred site for the stadium to be built on.

Also the plan states that "
Government guidance in PPG17 ‘Sport and Recreation’ asks
local authorities to give favourable consideration to
development proposals designed to achieve the aim of all-
seated accommodation of football league grounds. The
adequacy of existing football stadium and the need for
improvement should be taken into account in preparing and
reviewing the local plan. Brighton & Hove Albion Football
Club is currently occupying Withdean Stadium on a
temporary basis. This venue is not adequate as a permanent
venue due to it’s limited size and location. The site is
proposed following a sequential approach to site selection
starting with town centre locations, edge of centre and so on.
This follows government guidance set out in PPG6 ‘Town
Centres and Retail Developments’. Other sites considered
have been found to be unsuitable due for example, to site
constraints, unavailability or have been allocated for other
uses."

:)

need to add this, so we don't piss any media types off

Hi David

Thanks for your email. I don't work for BBC Southern Counties anymore
has I left to work for BBC Radio Sheffield. Please could you send any
more related emails to southerncounties@bbc.co.uk

All the best with the campaign

Thanks
Helen
:nono:

Seagull_Stew said:
I thought this had gone beyond Council stage. If a public enquiry hadn't been called in we'd have started building the thing now surely.
We would indeed have started the construction.

Does this mean that Mr Hoile could have recommended that the project is shelved half way through?
If the Call-In hadn't happened and planning permission had been granted, this Report would not have affected the project.

Surely, this is a council matter then and the elected bodies within the council can tell Mr Hoile where he stick his recommendations!
They are required to respond to his recommendations. Is that the same thing as telling him where to stick his recommendations? I couldn't possibly speculate.

Why is there so much f***ing red tape in this country?
To keep lawyers from starvation.

afters said:
forgive me for sounding very confused about this, but i really am today. i didn't even know that there were two reports being processed, and to help us do something about this outrage that shows consideration of the facts we need somebody, urgently please (lord b?) to set out in simple layman's terms exactly what has happened. i'm in a bit of a rage here and perhaps that's not helping to understand the circumstances...can somebody help? blasting off mails is one thing, knowing you've hit the target another. HELP PLEASE

This is what I said on another thread:-

There were two Public Inquiries, running concurrently.

This Inspector's Report (by Mr Hoile) deals with the planning policies. The Report is to the City Council and recommends changes to their planning policies - in particular it rejects the policy to designate land at Falmer for a community stadium.

There will be a second Inspector's Report (by Mr Collyer) that will make a recommendation to John Prescott about whether the Albion's planning application for the stadium should be approved.

Both Inspectors sat together during the Inquiry - so they heard the same evidence.

But this report wasn't prepared for John Prescott.

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
thanks lord b, i'm there. so while c's report is the main consideration as this is the one being read and approved by mr p, h's report while a broader damnation of council policy on social housing as well as the stadium, is also very important as (1) the two gents were sitting together and possibly/probably share like views (2) h's negative report may possibly sway me p's assessment of c's report even if that report is drafted postively in our favour.

so we need to ensure that mr p is well aware of public opinion even if h's report is dismissed by the council.

thanks for explaining.

get writing.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
Ok hang on a minute. What exactly was the point of Hoile's report? I've read the e-mail from Ken Bodfish to Prescott in which he rubbishes this report, it hardly seems likely that the council are going to overturn not just Falmer but their affordable home strategy on the basis of what this guy thinks. This report goes to John Prescott but it's not FOR him.
It seems like this report is for the city council telling them that they're useless and they reject that idea. Who pays for this stuff?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Nice words from Wycombe's Club Secretary:

As a football person, supporter as well as administrator, I and we are fully behind the campaign that will hopefully end with Brighton and Hove Albion moving to Falmer.

Please add my personal support to your campaign, all of football must surely wish Brighton all the very best of luck in their campaign, a strong Brighton and Hove Albion playing in a large, full, modern stadium on the outskirts of the town can only be good for the game.

Kindest personal regards and good luck.

Keith Allen
SECRETARY

Josky

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Has anyone suggested getting in touch with the bloke at Guardian Unlimited to sends out that footie email everyday at 5.30pm or whatever?

I can't do it because I'm at work, but I'm sure someone who is eloquent enough, ahem Lord B, can do it and surely if we can get a message in there, it will reach thousands of footie fans...

Not sure what the email or even the name of the bloke is, but I'll try to have a sneaky peek and hope my boss doesn't catch me...

hatepalace

Feb 5, 2004
Letter and email sent - have also got another dozen letters signed by people I work with, my little sister is also on the case at her workplace getting people to email.

Feeling very emotional at the moment - I am so proud of all of us.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Josky said:
Has anyone suggested getting in touch with the bloke at Guardian Unlimited to sends out that footie email everyday at 5.30pm or whatever?

I can't do it because I'm at work, but I'm sure someone who is eloquent enough, ahem Lord B, can do it and surely if we can get a message in there, it will reach thousands of footie fans...

Not sure what the email or even the name of the bloke is, but I'll try to have a sneaky peek and hope my boss doesn't catch me...

I've emailed them with this, someone else can too...

Dear Fiver,

As a Brighton fan I am dismayed at the local government inspector's initial report into the club's proposed move to a new stadium at Falmer, describing the club as 'provincial' with no demonstrable need for a modern stadium.

With John Prescott's final decision only days away I am writing to ask if you would include this news in your Fiver email as soon as possible, asking your readers to email Mr Prescott at planning.policies@odpm.gsi.gov.uk to express similar feelings regarding a club fighting for its future, as is becoming increasingly common these days.

I appresiate it is not your business to become involved in campaigns but a mention of this would help raise the profile of the situation and I am sure that even casual readers of your column would take a minute to send in their thoughts.

All the best.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Phase Two Mr P - if we get Falmer, how about sacking the inspector who has so plainly done such a poor job of considering the evidence!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here