Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Ultra-Important for Falmer - read and act NOW ***

Basler

Feb 5, 2004
Basel
e-mail and letter send. Don't know if this is useful, but I have also put the following e-mail together to send to anyone I know that has an interest in football to try to summarise the current situation and get their support...

Dear all,

As many of you know, I have been a Brighton fan for many years now. It now looks like they could well effectively be put out of business in the next week or so. The background to this is a proposal to build a new stadium in Falmer, just outside of Brighton to enable the club to move away from a temporary stadium at an athletics track, where they have been stuck loosing money for the last 5-6 years. This situation followed the sale of the old ground, the Goldstone, by the former directors of the club in a deal that left the club without a home.

The planning application to build the new stadium has been in called in for a public enquiry after being accepted by Brighton city council and is awaiting a final approval from the deputy prime minister, John Prescott. However, yesturday afternoon, the local planning inspector issued a report on the new "City of Brighton and Hove Local plan". This report totally disregards the compelling case for the new stadium, the local support (including a petition with more than 62'000 signitures) and proposes other sites which are completely unsuitable for a stadium. The timing of this report, to coincide with the deliberations of the deputy prime minister on this issue could prove to be a crucial blow in the efforts by the football club and its supports to build the new stadium. This in turn would almost certainly mean the club going out of business, given the amount of time, effort and money that has been put into the current application over the last few years and the inviability of their current temporary home.

With this in mind, I am supporting an initiative by the football club to bombard the deputy prime-minister with letters and e-mails of support. The e-mail address to use is planning.policies@odpm.gsi.gov.uk, and the postal address is:

Mr John Prescott,
Deputy Prime Minister
26 Whitehall
London
SW1A 2WH

If you have the time, any support in terms of letters and e-mails would help. At very least, please forward this mail on to as many football supporting friends as you can to raise awareness of what has become a very critical issue for Brighton and Hove Albion football club.

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
Mine plus 15 others (work colleagues and Family), just gone in the post to Mr Prescott.

Two others guys in the company are canvassing round different departments for more support.

Saying all that I feel pretty helpless. Haven't felt this bad since Kerry Mayo score the og at Hereford.

BenElton'sBrother

Nov 30, 2003
Hove
First saw all this last night, went to bed in a state off pissed off shockedness and consequently had a really crap nights sleep.

Emails and letters now sent.

We have to let our feelings be known at the weekend, we're passing through London on Saturday so have the ideal opportunity to do so! Whatever the consensus is on nsc whether it be in London or back here in Brighton then I will be there...

Leesy

Feb 3, 2004
Burgess Hill
email & letter sent.

Current mood: angry but not surprised

This is however another opportunity for the people of Brighton, Hove, and Sussex (and beyond), to give JP no doubt of the overwhelming support for this stadium

So keep writing

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
bald eagle said:
Surely this is your saving grace (I say "your" as a Palace fan sympathising with you in your plight) presumably the city council will have to ratify the local planning report, they are unlikely to do this if they have already ratified the falmer site...which they have..... haven't they? The city council can also make amendments before accepting it. Perhaps you ought to be lobbying them as well?

ps I will send an e-mail to JP in support...after all what is the use of a rivalry without a rival!

Good point, my South London friend.

Email the city Council here. planning.applications@brighton-hove.gov.uk

The Famous Grouse

Dec 9, 2003
:nono: I have just e-mailed every one I know and gonna find more at college...WE WANT FALMER!!!!!
Come on lads lets go get it!!

NewBoy

Jul 9, 2003
Mile Oak
email & letters sent.

Got most of my company to write to DMP today, that should be about forty letters.

Keep the faith

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Only just found out about this on here. I can’t believe it. :angry:

But letter and email on its way to Prescott.

We want Falmer!!

BenElton'sBrother

Nov 30, 2003
Hove
Now trying to organise a response from the offices of the university of sussex. I'm now realising that I work with NIMBYS and its really starting to piss me off :angry:

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
well done Bianca, just seen your posts on 606. Who the hell does Ripper support, Sunderland?

My various emails and letters are off

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
Email sent to JP, everyone in my account telling them to do likewise (thanks for whoever put up the 'copy and paste' letter!!) and everyone in Mrs Teaboy's email account too, most of whom I've never met!

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Letter and e-mail sent. This is looking good, with so many letters going out hopefully it will make an impact.

Polish Count

Feb 5, 2004
BN1
E-mail and letter sent, along with a request to the whole of my company's football supporters group to help out as well.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Email now sent to Prescott.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
Right, the letter is prepared and will be sent at lunch. I've sent an e-mail to the address provided. And I've e-mailed a load of friends and family with a copy of my letter, the e-mail address, and a link to here.

Lets nip this b@ll@cks in the bud shall we!

:censored:

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
f*** me. just got up and spent an hour reading thru all the various reports and websites.

absolutley unbelievable, i think i am actually going to cry :nono:

emails sent, letters to follow....

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Email sent, letter to follow. Don't give up hope - don't underestimate the power of a concerted action by thousands of voters. Public opinion does count for something, if only because the politicians want to hold on to power.

This one really does need absolutely everybody to do their bit though...

jazzy

Jul 5, 2003
Email sent. Letters to be posted.

Question.....When we wrote letters before, we were advised to send them all separately as they were then counted individually. Does the same apply for these letters?? Or can I bung them in one envelope. Ta.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here