Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa

Will the big man ever pull on a Brighton shirt again in a competitive Championship match ?

• YES

Votes: 52 38.5%
  • NO

Votes: 83 61.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Nah CMS is back on form now! (And spends less time on the floor)

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Total disaster if we sell Leo.

If we replace him with shite like Baldock we'll have a very grim season.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I've voted yes, (although more in hope than certainty). Frankly if some one does, or maybe has, offered £7 million for him, l'd take it. As l said on another thread, if Leicester say offered £6m plus Chris Wood l'd bite their hands off. I can't imagine he will get much game time with Leicester in the Premier League, and we know how good he can be at this level.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Hope not.

He was good at somethings sometimes, but awfully poor at others and worth far less than £7.5m.

Take the money.

This is a really odd view. Leicester think he is worth £6 million, we think he's worth more yet you say he's worth far less than £7.5 million. I think I know who I would believe. You only have to look at his scoring record for us to see you're talking rubbish.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
If we get a good sum for him and have the right players willing to come in, no I don't mind

I'd go along with you there but on one condition. The players that we get in must be as good or better than Ulloa. Otherwise, we've just gone backwards as a side.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
This is a really odd view. Leicester think he is worth £6 million, we think he's worth more yet you say he's worth far less than £7.5 million. I think I know who I would believe. You only have to look at his scoring record for us to see you're talking rubbish.
Agree totally-
It matters not what he is worth,his worth is potentially 20-25 goals for Albion if he has a storming injury free season,and to go out and buy that we would have to get lucky or splash a high fee and with high fees comes high wages,wages we simply cannot afford,therefore it stands to reason that we may have to hope we get lucky...

I'd rather we kept our current jewel in the crown..

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Agree totally-
It matters not what he is worth,his worth is potentially 20-25 goals for Albion if he has a storming injury free season,and to go out and buy that we would have to get lucky or splash a high fee and with high fees comes high wages,wages we simply cannot afford,therefore it stands to reason that we may have to hope we get lucky...

I really hope we keep Ulloa as well. He is priceless in my view; and you just know in your heart that if he leaves, whatever transfer fee we get, we won't sign a replacement who is as good as Leo or better.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Agree totally-

Is 20-25 goals a season in division 2 worth 6-7m?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Ulloa is a good player, yes. But he is certainly not irreplaceable. £7m would be a fantastic price for him. This hero worship of him on this site is totally over the top. Needs it on a plate to score more often than not, won't try to hard to find a yard or two if the ball is not perfect and if he doesn't get his move will probably sulk till January where we won't get no where near £7m. Get shot now and reinvest. In fact get Murray back, far better all round player than Ulloa IMO as is Zamora.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
head says .....no
heart says ......hope so
voted ....no

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If he doesn't get his move, he will pick up every little knock going. You can bank on that. A player who's head has been turned can be nothing but disruptive to the rest of the squad. Just look at Buckley last season, missed out on a move to Sunderland at the last minute in Jan and was nothing short of useless for the rest of the season.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
If he doesn't get his move, he will pick up every little knock going. You can bank on that. A player who's head has been turned can be nothing but disruptive to the rest of the squad. Just look at Buckley last season, missed out on a move to Sunderland at the last minute in Jan and was nothing short of useless for the rest of the season.

Time will tell if you are right,you could quite clearly be correct,the one thing we cannot answer is Leo's state of mind,if he and his family are genuinely happy to be here,it might just not matter..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here