Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;5704154 said:
Buckley, Orlandi and Dave all had poor games. Leo had little to no service all evening.

That's how I saw it. The delivery was as poor from those three as we've seen this season. The ball Bolasie put in for the first goal was what was missing from our game.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
He had bugger all service or support which seeing as how we have played since he came in was strange. It was like Gus went back to his pre Xmas thoughts at completly the wrong time

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Arsene Wenger always said it took a foreign player a year to adapt properly to English game so, even if he's only partially right, Ulloa's been superb since he arrived. Didn't get any chances last night because the service was poor and he had little support when on the ball. He's shown he WILL score goals so what we need to do now is make sure he's free to concentrate on that job, rather than being the sole point of attack. For all the slagging of Barnes that goes on, I thought in the last couple of weeks he's shown that he really could be a good partner for Ulloa if he's learned his lesson about temperament. Gus really needs to find a way now of playing two together up top when required (if he sticks around).

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Like CMS earlier in the season Ulloa was left so isolated it was little wonder he was not involved much. We were just sending speculative hoofs up to him that even when he won there was nobody anywhere near him. The one time someone got near him (Barnes) we nearly scored.

Our strikers get the criticism as CMS did before his injury but with so little service and support in some games is it a wonder they look isolated and ineffective?

When the wingers have got behind the full back and Lopez is swinging in cross after cross Ulloa comes into his own but did not happen enough over 2 legs

Gus doesn't do two up front baffles me but there you go! Barnes has been canned recently but gus could have gone crazy and played both of them upfront to really confuse them

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
I was suprised to see the same team picked last night, I was expecting to see Crofts, Barnes and Lua Lua start who would have been fresh.

By the 70th minute half our team looked knackered and yesterday was about winning the battle in the middle of the park. Ulloa had a difficult game and had little service but he also looked flat and out of Gas.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I think last night showed up a few who were not prepared to roll their sleeves up and get involved in a battle. Orlandi and David were prime examples of this. Their midfield was strong, quick and looked far better on the ball than we did.
You could see the players knew that Palace were better all round when they were not even prepared to come out of their own area when the ball got cleared. They just sat there at times and invited Palace forward. Of course when you do that theres only going to be one outcome.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here