Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa wants out?

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
rejected £7mill?! Are they mad?

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Brighton striker Leo Ulloa will today tell boss Sami Hyypia he wants to be allowed to leave.

The Seagulls have already rejected a £7million bid from top flight new-boys Leicester.

New Brighton boss Sami Hyypia has also insisted he wants to keep the 27-year-old, who has scored 26 goals in 58 appearances since joining Brighton in January last year.

But Ulloa will return from his holiday back in Argentina today and make it clear to Hyypia that he wants to be given the chance to play Premier League football.

Ulloa wants Brighton to listen to the bid from Leicester and give him the chance to fulfil his ambitions and play at the highest level.

The striker has considered his options during his break, which was due to end on Friday but was extended because of travel problems.

But Ulloa's resolve has now hardened and why he will not attempt to hold Brighton to ransom he will leave Hyypia in no doubt that he feels he has given enough to Brighton in his 18 months on the Sussex coast - which have brought back-to-back play-off disappointments - for the Championship club to understand his desire to play at the highest level.

If the report is true:

WE are now seeing what happens when players are allowed to withdraw their services, he saw how Bridcutt did it and now is chancing his arm. Of course they all want to be in the premiership, the article is stating the obvious. If he wants to offer us the difference between our valuation and the offer of Leicester then he should be free to go, I believe this is what Fellaini did when leaving Everton. As an individual I think he needs to work a little harder and take more of the opportunities afforded to him, last season for a greater part of the time he was our only target man and had all the balls directed to him, he fell away for periods during this year and will need to appreciate a long and hard season. If we get what we value him at, then i'm sure he will be released and if Leicester want him that much, then they will have to pay.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The article is clearly a complete fabrication based on assumption.

The assumption is probably not far from the truth, but the notion that Ulloa has "revealed" this to someone, who has then passed it on to whatever hack cobbled that bobbins together is laughable.

My suspicion is that anyone with a source inside the club suspects he is half way out the door already. Just a hunch...

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
rejected £7mill?! Are they mad?

I couldn't believe it either....... Would have snapped their arm off.

As another poster pointed out, if that money is invested directly back into the team then you could have 3/4 quality championship players.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I couldn't believe it either....... Would have snapped their arm off.

As another poster pointed out, if that money is invested directly back into the team then you could have 3/4 quality championship players.

I think they wanted £10million for him, though

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
My suspicion is that anyone with a source inside the club suspects he is half way out the door already. Just a hunch...

Oh I think his head has been turned, without a doubt. I'll be very surprised if he is still with us on September 1st.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
7m is a lot of money, but be honest, how many of you believe that the club would spend it all on the squad or would in fact be able to line up any replacements during this window when you bear in mind the time it took to replace Murray with Ulloa , our failure in the January window and the inactivity to date. We simply could not replace at this time.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Why do any of us do anything?

....I suspect its to fill column inches and generate advertising revenue through clicks on the web page.

Its a story which could have a lot of truth about it. We're aware of Leicester's approaches and the almost fanatical drive of ballers to make the step up to the BIG league (plus its financial rewards) so it wouldn't take a big leap to be able to write this. However, no quotes from anyone must be a clue to its validity.

Forget it.

I don't miss many things, but I don't think I have seen it reported anywhere, that Ulloa did not turn up for training last week ? Where did that smoke come from ?

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I'm sure the Mirror has made it up with the help of his agent in order to try to get a move. If he ain't interested in stopping at the Albion (and I agree with others that he didn't look very happy at the end of last season) flog him for as much as we can and get someone in to play alongside CMS. A disinterested and unhappy player is a disruptive influence. I will be sorry to see him go but if he really wants out there's little point in keeping him

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Totally expected.

He has done a good job for us, but we failed in the January window to make a serious push for the Prem. Bloom may have 5 - 10 years to get us there so January wasn't that important to him, however if you are a player you have to believe that the Prem is an immediate goal so the dream has to work both ways.

I am happy if he wants to stay but I am also happy for him to go if he doesn't, because it is understandable.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Getting bored of all these stories now, can August hurry up please?

Even if they aren't true, almost everything is a negative story at the moment.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I think it's 99% certain Ulloa will be on his way. I suspect the club are hoping for another bidder to come in to rival Leicester and inflate the price a bit more.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I started a thread on 13th May 2014 that posed the question "Should we be looking to sell Ulloa now?" Some of the comments included:

1. Some people are unbelievable.
2. You being serious? amazing idea - day after a manager leaves lets sell our only goalscorer.....while we are at it - lets sell the corner flags, and knock down the dressing rooms.
3. considering it seems to be an issue attracting talent to the club i would say off loading anyone who is half decent is utter madness
4. Should we sell Ulloa, **** off!
5. Yeh, because selling perhaps your only key asset is a BRILLIANT way to entice a good manager in the wake of 2 consecutive managers walking out over the budget isn't it.
6. Yeah, why not. In fact if we release everyone on our books, we should be able to DRASTICALLY reduce our £22 million wage bill. We'll have the best FFP credentials in the league! :clown:

The reality is the player will be 28 next month. This is his last chance to play in the Prem on a big contract. He will command a big fee. If he really does wants to move then you ship him out for the best price possible and it's not a question of if he goes but when. It is entirely unrealistic to think we can retain the services of a player who's head has been turned and who's services are desired by Prem suitors.

Personally, I would have sold him before now so that Hyypia's first job back is the nice problem of how to spend the proceeds on improving the squad and not the shit sandwich of dealing with a pissed-off Ulloa.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here