Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa tonight

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Indeed. I seriously doubt some of those who are criticising his performance tonight have ever played as a central lone striker before or are just so ignorant of his role. Had it not have been for him, players like Rodriguez, March and others would not be able to get ahead of the play.

Last night was his best performance of the season and better than some last season, but alas people think he should have a golden touch and score at every chance. If he did, then he would not be playing for Brighton and Hove Albion.

I still cannot fathom why, aft an outstanding team performance last night people are bemoaning it.

An excellent post [MENTION=1877]supaseagull[/MENTION]! Couldn't agree more.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Once again, there seems to be no in-between with some posters on here, just pure black and white. Already tonight I've seen Stephens branded terrible, then it was Greer in other games, whereas LuaLua seems to be considered faultless by some on every occasion.

I thought Ulloa looked more interested tonight than he has been in other games, I think there were a couple of moments when his first touch was heavy, but then most of them did that at some stage during the match. Generally, he seemed a bit sharper to me, and in any case, if he's going to keep on scoring, then that's just fine by me.

Spot on

I think in the last two games, not just because he scored, he seemed to be getting back to his pre-injury self. He seemed less isolated, held the ball up well at times and scored a goal. Absolutely no complaints from me.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
One thing I've noticed is that he's changed how he traps the ball for his first touch.

Last season he would always control the ball with the outside of his boot when it came into him on the deck. He scarcely does that now, prefering to use the inside of his boot. It made me wonder if it's something he's changed on his own accord (perhaps through fear of getting an another ankle injury?) or if it's something the new coaching team have got him doing. Could go someway to explaining his poor touch recently.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I actually thought he had a bloody good game last night, scored the all important winning goal, worked himself into the ground for the cause, and was obviously pretty much out on his feet when he gave way for Obika near the end.

One of the many thinks l've always liked about Leo, is that even when he is going through a bad patch, he never hides, always wants the ball, and isn't afraid of fluffing a chance.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He's one of those players. Can do very little all game then pop up with a goal.
Actually, I don't think he's one of those players at all. He has been for the last couple of games, but pre injury he was a player that worked all game, held the ball up well, played well on the break, and caused opposing teams all sorts of problems.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
OK Leo isn't in prime form but he is sticking the ball in the net.

Leo's critics seem to overlook that he also had at least one, if not two legitimate goals disallowed against Watford and Donny neither of which were his fault and which would now put him on 4 goals in three games (and also have given our low goals 'for' tally a decent lift too).

Even the most critical fan couldn't ask for much more than that. If Leo can get flak now then God help CMS and Hoskins if they don't go on an immediate goal scoring spree, despite their respective lay offs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here