Ulloa to Palace ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just like Glenn Murray eh? He didn't exactly part the waves to keep him did he?

Are you the biggest DUNCE of your entire rag-tag support?

Murray was not our player, just a totally free agent, when he joined palace.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Get your facts right. Murray was out of contract, Ulloa has signed for four years. But you right in one aspect, POYET not Bloom did not rate Murray and made no proper attempt to kept him. That tells you more about Poyet than anything else, probably his first big mistake.

Yep totally agree with this. Bloom was happy to pay GM the £9.5k he wanted to stay here, but put his trust in Poyets first big decision, and as you say first big mistake.

The manager’s job is to identify potential not dismiss it, and for all intents and purposes GM was a massive factor in CP’s promotion. Gus couldn’t have been more wrong about GM and I am pretty sure that Bloom regretted giving him that authority.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Also if he keeps his goals to game ratio going this season he will be the leagues top scorer,

Bet you a whole heap of money he won't. He's already behind James Vaughan and there is no way he will finish above Jordan Rhodes ( the best finisher in the division )
Ulloa will play approx 35-38 games ( injuries and the inevitable suspension ) Taking into account some loss of form as well, I would suggest about 20-22 top wack. Rhodes will definitely get past this and the likes of Vaughan and Deeney may as well.

Leo will score 30 this season, barring significant injuries. Put your hat on it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just get ****ed and **** right off, another ignore address...

Good point. I'm shoving the whole motley, rag-tagged, shambolic, gimpish, degenerate, execrable, loathsome rabble of utter tossers on the banned list myself. winkers.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is that a joke? Palace's favourite song last season to us was '30 goals, thanks a lot'. The only two decent Palace posters on here have just said they would snap Ulloa up. They would love it.

The point here is not whether Palace might want him, which they almost certainly do.

The main point is whether Bloom will sell, and what price if any would trigger it. That has to be influenced by our lack of strikers (ie it has to be massive). We are already over-reliant on Ulloa, and need another one if he stays with the injuries. If he goes, it is two including one really big buy.

And the other point if this is true is how much Ulloa would like to play in the Premier League, and what he is prepared to do and say about that between now and Monday.

Not sure "joke" is the right word, more a light hearted reference to previous threads on here where us and them debate the merits of each others squads to the point where we deny any quality in the opposition.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Ulloa may want to go or more money and to play in the premiership.

But unless its a totally ridiculous offer I really can't see us accepting.

Impossible to replace in this timescale, and would therefore effectively kill the season dead.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just read the report and it does say that Ulloa is set to leave Brighton but would prefer to return to Spain but he does seem to be happy with us. Has anybody heard any rumblings of him being unhappy and wanting to leave.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Apart from anything else and far more importantly, it would scupper my Championship top scorer bet at 20s.

Ulloa is currently 6-1 joint favourite with Rhodes.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Ulloa may want to go or more money and to play in the premiership.

But unless its a totally ridiculous offer I really can't see us accepting.

Impossible to replace in this timescale, and would therefore effectively kill the season dead.

Bloom is not a fool! Everyone has a price on his head of course, but I think it would be £10 million plus and including add ons to even get Bloom considering the deal.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Read the article in the Sun and will say Palace have absolutely no chance and if he would prefer to go back to spain then that's a big no as well as who could stump hard cash in Spain?

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Ulloa hardly looks unhappy when playing....we are hardly flush with strikers.... However a 10 mill bid would change things...I could then see us getting in Sharp and Becchio ( loan) and havin cash in the bank..

I think we would be naive think the club do not have options up their sleeves in case....

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
He's only just moved his family over here so very unlikely he'd want all that upheaval again.
And the guy looks as if he's loving his football here at the moment.

If he carries on like he has been since coming here, he'll be going to a top premiership club, not a dive like Selhurst. Strikers like him are worth their weight in gold.

Who the **** is Biscott ????

An Italian biscuit?

It would seem that our scum friends on here would snap up Ulloa & Bridcutt - whereas I can't think of anyone in their current squad we would want down here to put in our first 11.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Apart from anything else and far more importantly, it would scupper my Championship top scorer bet at 20s.
We need to lock down EXACTLY how many of us took that bet.
I'm not having any, willy waving, Walter Mitty JCL's, stealing our glory next May!!

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
Has it occurred to folk that The Sun is just making this up ?

The biggest shock was that someone actually reads this paper...

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
He's only just moved his family over here so very unlikely he'd want all that upheaval again.
And the guy looks as if he's loving his football here at the moment.

If he carries on like he has been since coming here, he'll be going to a top premiership club, not a dive like Selhurst. Strikers like him are worth their weight in gold.
Couldn't agree more...they paid 8 mill for Gayle.....so what is ulloa worth?10+mill

albionite

May 20, 2009
An Italian biscuit?

It would seem that our scum friends on here would snap up Ulloa & Bridcutt - whereas I can't think of anyone in their current squad we would want down here to put in our first 11.

I wouldn't say no to Williams, maybe that Campana but would have to see him more first. Can't think of any others I would have over our players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports