Ulloa to Palace ?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I can certainly see both Ulloa & Bridcutt moving to the Premiershite in big money deals, but hopefully it won't be to that shower up the road. Shirley they can do better than playing for a club that will be back in The Championship before you can say sh*t on the Palarse?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Even if we were skint(which we are not) and even if Ulloa was for sale(which he is not, but then everyone has there price). Palace would not be the only club interested and Tony Bloom is a real fan, not just a hobby chairman. There is no way he would sell to Palace.

Of course he would. Bloom is a businessman.

And Dobbie was sold to palace

little al

Crystal Palace fan
Apr 4, 2009
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Is that a joke? Palace's favourite song last season to us was '30 goals, thanks a lot'. The only two decent Palace posters on here have just said they would snap Ulloa up. They would love it.

The point here is not whether Palace might want him, which they almost certainly do.

The main point is whether Bloom will sell, and what price if any would trigger it. That has to be influenced by our lack of strikers (ie it has to be massive). We are already over-reliant on Ulloa, and need another one if he stays with the injuries. If he goes, it is two including one really big buy.

And the other point if this is true is how much Ulloa would like to play in the Premier League, and what he is prepared to do and say about that between now and Monday.
You have offened me

:)

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Just like Glenn Murray eh? He didn't exactly part the waves to keep him did he?

Get your facts right. Murray was out of contract, Ulloa has signed for four years. But you right in one aspect, POYET not Bloom did not rate Murray and made no proper attempt to kept him. That tells you more about Poyet than anything else, probably his first big mistake.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Of course he would. Bloom is a businessman.

And Dobbie was sold to palace

Dobbie was a panic buy and a mistake, in as much as Poyet and Dobbie couldn't stand each other. Plus as stated on here before he was on massive wages. Bares no relation what so ever with Ulloa's position within the club.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not a chance. We spent 18months trying to sign him, he has a long contract. We can't replace him in 36 hours, so it won't happen.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Get your facts right. Murray was out of contract, Ulloa has signed for four years. But you right in one aspect, POYET not Bloom did not rate Murray and made no proper attempt to kept him. That tells you more about Poyet than anything else, probably his first big mistake.
Hmmm and Murray's 'haul' of 7 (seven) goals in his first season with Palace tells you more about Murray.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Yes we are looking for better quality that's for sure , what about we throw in willbraham to sweeten the deal , he's mustard in the championship .

No disrespect but i do not want any of your players. We finished above you last season, which means we have better players. I think that if we had signed Ulloa at the beginning of the season, we may well have gone up automatically.
In short, if Ulloa does go i think it will probably be to a decent Prem side. I would imagine he is happier eating ice creams with his Spanish mates on the seafront and playing at the Amex, than milling around the Palace area and playing in a cow shed.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Hmmm and Murray's 'haul' of 7 (seven) goals in his first season with Palace tells you more about Murray.

Only tells us what we already know....A happy Murray is a class act, a moody Murray is not such an attractive prospect. I suspect Murray was a lot more settled at Palace last season than he was in his first year. Seeing as he never wanted to go there in the first place.

akipling

Jan 12, 2010
Morecambe

I think Chris Holroyd could maybe lay claim to that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports