Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa out for "2 months"

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
What do you think Garcia knew about Andrews, Ward, Kemy???...Burke is in charge of transfers and identifying targets. Yes this is a fact and quite a worrying one, I think all would agree.

He may well have done, after Burke had agreed a deal with him in principal. I would expect a player to want to talk to his future head coach and then decide. That doesn't change the fact Burke targeted him in the first place and agreed the move.

How do you know the move was already agreed when he spoke to Oscar? You don't. If Oscar had said no, the transfer would not have taken place. A deal would have been discussed in principle, so that Burke did not waste the manager's time looking at a player we could not afford to sign, or did not want to come to the club.

It is Burke's job to find players that we can afford, who play in the club's style and then present them to the manager, whoever that may be at the time, to decide whether they want them or not. This is an extremely sensible way of doing things, if you ask me. I know that team work is a difficult concept for some people to understand, but it is a good one, particularly when you have a manager/head coach who has NEVER dealt with transfers before. It allows for continuity and avoids the situation where an incoming manager has to sign 10 players who fit HIS style of play.

I am not worried about it at all.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
What's funny???....Thinking a ex international player, who has played at the highest level almost his whole career and with several clubs after him. Would sign on for less than a 5 figure sum and be on less than £15/20k a week. Now that's funny.
You seriously believe we would give a signing on fee of 5 figures and only sign him up on a 1 year deal? Big deal that he is an ex international. So was Mark Chamberlain. Upson is 34 years old.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I'm not sure how it affects each years budget/accounts, but the Ulloa transfer money is being paid in installments, so we are still paying some of that this year.

If you are using a standard model then it will be accounted for as a liability in the accounts and business plan. Similarly projected income will be netted off against it. All this helps you arrive at a sensible budget.

If you are using the Redknapp model then you'll have already forgotten the liability and banked the 'miscellaneous item arising' from the agent in your dog's bank account. This will lead to the team being the laughing stock of League 2 while you swan off and get another job*

*allegedly - May not stand up in court

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This is the bit that gets me, he only can choose from what Burke puts forward. So if Burke is sh*t at spotting a good player, then that is what Oscar has to choose from.

Burke came to us from Southampton who are good at spotting players it seems to me.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Plus, of course, Oscar can make suggestions as to whom he would like and it is up to Burke to find out whether they are available, within our budget and want to come and play for us. I really do not see what the problem is here - Burke does all the legwork and Oscar can concentrate on his job.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm not sure how it affects each years budget/accounts, but the Ulloa transfer money is being paid in installments, so we are still paying some of that this year.

Ulloa cost 2 million for a 4 year contract. This goes down on the accounts as 500k a year.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Plus, of course, Oscar can make suggestions as to whom he would like and it is up to Burke to find out whether they are available, within our budget and want to come and play for us. I really do not see what the problem is here - Burke does all the legwork and Oscar can concentrate on his job.

Don't be so ridiculous. It's a well known FACT that anyone Oscar suggests is discounted immediately as it is not Burke's suggestion and that the first Oscar knows of a new signing is when they turn up at training and Oscar says 'what's your name and where do you play ?' (with a Spanish accent which i can't do, obviously).

I can't believe that you are suggesting they talk about these things :rolleyes:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Don't be so ridiculous. It's a well known FACT that anyone Oscar suggests is discounted immediately as it is not Burke's suggestion and that the first Oscar knows of a new signing is when they turn up at training and Oscar says 'what's your name and where do you play ?' (with a Spanish accent which i can't do, obviously).

I can't believe that you are suggesting they talk about these things :rolleyes:

Oh yes, sorry. I forgot - it is all a conspiracy and Oscar is actually a robot controlled by Dick TIGHT.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here