Ulloa out for "2 months"

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Forest will have more strikers on their bench on Saturday, than we have fit in our squad. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. We have 1 fit striker and he hasn't even scored a goal in the league this season yet(and is not very good)....This is all down to the events over the summer. I am really worried about this whole director of football situation, it may work with the Spurs and Man City's of this world but we are a long way off that atm. I don't blame Garcia as he has no say over transfer policy, he just has to work with what he is given and you can't make a silk scarf out of a sow's ear. No strikers=no goals=no wins=1 point at best=relegation scrap,,simples.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If Barnes is so shit, how come Burnley were repeatedly offering £500k to take him off our hands?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Forest will have more strikers on their bench on Saturday, than we have fit in our squad. Fail to prepare, prepare to fail. We have 1 fit striker and he hasn't even scored a goal in the league this season yet(and is not very good)....This is all down to the events over the summer. I am really worried about this whole director of football situation, it may work with the Spurs and Man City's of this world but we are a long way off that atm. I don't blame Garcia as he has no say over transfer policy, he just has to work with what he is given and you can't make a silk scarf out of a sow's ear. No strikers=no goals=no wins=1 point at best=relegation scrap,,simples.

Do you really think the club are oblivious to our striker situation? Really?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Do you really think the club are oblivious to our striker situation? Really?

Clearly they are not oblivious to it. But like someone else has stated, we have needed another striker since the start of the season, now we need two. If Sheff Wed's can get Fryatt(one chance, one goal), why do we struggle to get anyone???

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

I have no doubt our David Burke and his data base will bring in just what we need. He did say he had a list of strikers that he could bring in and was ready for very early action in the loan market. So lets trust in him to do the job he is paid for.

Last edited:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
If Barnes is so shit, how come Burnley were repeatedly offering £500k to take him off our hands?

What was the difference between Ashley Barnes & Matty Fryatt on Tuesday night??? They both got one chance, middle of the goal mouth. Fryatt buries his, Barnes hits his 6 foot wide. Barnes is not a shit player, he is just not up to this level.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What was the difference between Ashley Barnes & Matty Fryatt on Tuesday night??? They both got one chance, middle of the goal mouth. Fryatt buries his, Barnes hits his 6 foot wide. Barnes is not a shit player, he is just not up to this level.

You can't compare the two chances. One was about TWO yards out, the other was played behind a player who had literally just come on, and about 4 times the distance out. Barnes would've buried Fryatt's chance, no question.

And he is up to this level, as his goals to games ratio proves.

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton

You honestly think those 2 chances are comparable? Honestly?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
You can't compare the two chances. One was about TWO yards out, the other was played behind a player who had literally just come on, and about 4 times the distance out. Barnes would've buried Fryatt's chance, no question.

And he is up to this level, as his goals to games ratio proves.

He would have buried it would he???...How many goals has he scored this season in the league???. Barnes has missed easier chances than Fryatt's on Tuesday, saying he would have buried it is wishful thinking at best. He might have buried one of them if he had three goes at it. But that's exactly the point.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually

Why do you have to lie about it being 6ft wide to try and prove your agument ??? he was pretty close to it being a superb clinical goal on the volley whilst on the turn. 6 foot wide give me a break ??? Nothing like the Fryatt goal when the ball just happily rolled to him ???

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Why do you have to lie about it being 6ft wide to try and prove your agument ??? he was pretty close to it being a superb clinical goal on the volley whilst on the turn. 6 foot wide give me a break ???

Oh well if it was pretty close then that's ok then. Does being pretty close count then??? If so he would have about 7 goals by now. But instead he has got zero.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I have no doubt our David Burke and his data base will bring in just what we need. He did say he had a list of strikers that he could bring in and was ready for very early action in the loan market. So lets trust in him to do the job he is paid for.

Agree, and now Ulloa is out we can guarantee game time, so we are in more of a bargaining position with a wider reach to better quality loan options than before.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I assume you don't think ulloa's good enough after missing a chance 10 times easier than Barnes' earlier in the match then?

Yes Ulloa is good enough but we still need another striker, even when he is fit...If people think Barnes is up to this level then that's fair enough. In my opinion he is not and never has been. The fact he scores the odd goal now and then doesn't change this view, after all that is actually what he gets paid to do. If we don't get another first choice striker, we are in serious trouble and you can forget the play offs.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Oh well if it was pretty close then that's ok then. Does being pretty close count then??? If so he would have about 7 goals by now. But instead he has got zero.

A whisper past the upright is not missing by six foot as you describe in your argument as your own twisted verion of the truth.

How can you have a debate using wild exageration as your basis ??? Your point has failed with me :lolol:

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Which part???....Yes I think you will find they are both facts.

That Garcia has no say in transfer policy and has to work with what he is given.

Has he ever said this? Is it a known fact? If it is can you point to where it is stated!!

To be honest I would find it to be amazing if he had no say in the players that are brought to the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports