Ulloa injury

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The international break might not be too bad a time to arrive with all the injuries.

If Ulloa is out for a while then someone like Gary Hooper would be a fantastic loan signing. Norwich don't have a big budget and he can't get into the first team at the moment.

He's only been back from injuries for 2-3 games ?!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I don't know how true it is but I was told this evening that the Premier League have all agreed not to subsidies any wages for loan players as in the past. If you loan a player from a premier club you must pay all of their wages. Hence we haven't signed an on loan striker to date. Reading are paying all of Sharps as are Doncaster with Macheda and Sheff Wed with Fryatt This may explain why Fryatt and Macheda are only on 1 month loans. This apparently came from within the club from somebody who is in a position to know.

It's not true- heard same thing and found out its rubbish

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I love how some people on here seriously believe, without a hint of sarcasms, that they would make a better manager than former Barcelona,Valencia and Espanyol midfielder, Oscar Garcia. I mean having a different opinion is fine, but when you firmly believe you're more qualified because you've gone to the Amex a bit, and used to go to the Goldstone once or twice when we were good.. it's not Oscar Garcia that's the idiot. It's you.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I don't know how true it is but I was told this evening that the Premier League have all agreed not to subsidies any wages for loan players as in the past. If you loan a player from a premier club you must pay all of their wages. Hence we haven't signed an on loan striker to date. Reading are paying all of Sharps as are Doncaster with Macheda and Sheff Wed with Fryatt This may explain why Fryatt and Macheda are only on 1 month loans. This apparently came from within the club from somebody who is in a position to know.

I think someone might be mixing fact with speculation...the loans of those players were discussed on radio sussex on saturday and it was stated that the clubs concerned were indeed picking up the full wage for those players (apparently)...as regards to it being to a general rule is another matter

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
he was way off the pace all night anyway, should have started with Barnes

This. Looked like he was running through treacle when he was put clean through early on. The smart thing to have done would have been to start with Barnes, then bring on Leo when the game was won. I'd probably have started with a midfielder in midfield as well, rather than a right back wandering all over the place, but that's probably just a personal thing...

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
This. Looked like he was running through treacle when he was put clean through early on. The smart thing to have done would have been to start with Barnes, then bring on Leo when the game was won. I'd probably have started with a midfielder in midfield as well, rather than a right back wandering all over the place, but that's probably just a personal thing...

Ah. 20:20 hindsight.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We fell out my first week here, 2 years ago.

You still obviously have issues with me so I apologise.

Can that be the end of it now?

?? You've gone after me much more recently than that fella.

I just find it amusing the juxtaposition of your username and your posting style, that's all. No further harm meant.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
?? You've gone after me much more recently than that fella.

I just find it amusing the juxtaposition of your username and your posting style, that's all. No further harm meant.

No harm taken. I'm sorry, I didn't realise I had gone after any other poster on here, certainly not intentionally. Quite ironic as it's only really your posting style that I sometimes find so infuriating. Where you post your opinions as facts like there is no room for question because you are always right. Maybe you are only doing it tongue it cheek as I can't believe you live life like that (I hope).

However point taken, I wasn't in a great place last night and I needed to something to snap me out of it. So thank you.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
No harm taken. I'm sorry, I didn't realise I had gone after any other poster on here, certainly not intentionally. Quite ironic as it's only really your posting style that I sometimes find so infuriating. Where you post your opinions as facts like there is no room for question because you are always right. Maybe you are only doing it tongue it cheek as I can't believe you live life like that (I hope).

However point taken, I wasn't in a great place last night and I needed to something to snap me out of it. So thank you.

This message board is for opinions. Surely everyone thinks their opinion is right, otherwise they'd change their opinion, if you get me? I've admitted numerous times on here to being wrong about players/things.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
For Mellotron (I forgot to reply with quote)

Look, I don't want to get into a debate about this, certainly not a disagreement.

There aren't many posters on here especially among the old faithful who consistently post "Absolute bollocks" or such like when someone comes out with a differing opinion. Apart from the wind-up merchants or the idiots of course.

I only have to go back a handful of posts to find an example of you doing that.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I thought the Wed player stamped on his foot. Let's look on the bright side, and hope it's just a bruised bone and not a stress fracture.

Talking about recoveries ...I want what that Wednesday centre back is on..... he went down after tangling with Buckley and you'd have thought he'd be needing 6 months off ....2 mins later and he's running around like a 2 year old

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Talking about recoveries ...I want what that Wednesday centre back is on..... he went down after tangling with Buckley and you'd have thought he'd be needing 6 months off ....2 mins later and he's running around like a 2 year old

He had good elbows, almost as good as Jedinak's.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
For Mellotron (I forgot to reply with quote)

Look, I don't want to get into a debate about this, certainly not a disagreement.

There aren't many posters on here especially among the old faithful who consistently post "Absolute bollocks" or such like when someone comes out with a differing opinion. Apart from the wind-up merchants or the idiots of course.

I only have to go back a handful of posts to find an example of you doing that.

I think "consistently" is going a bit far. I think our initial spat started because you were being abusive towards Ashley Barnes, so pot and kettle comes to mind.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

The way he and a player next to him were reacting at first I genuinely thought he'd broken his leg. Unbelievable recovery.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Dear me

I get the picture

So it's not ok for me to be rude and abusive, but it is for you to be? OK then. I'm not the one with the username "One Love", remember. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports