Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa flag

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I cant believe the morons who think the flag of Argentina would be seen as a disgrace, I never fought in the Falklands war but have fought in the most recent campaigns in the middle east. The nationality of the player and the flag should not stop this idea going into print.

Its about time people grew up, unless you were actually involved in the Falklands then shut-up.

And THAT should be the end of the thread.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Not really a joking matter though, is it? Think of those that served, those that died or were injured, the loss to wives, children, parents etc. Think how they would feel about it. If you still think it's a good idea, go ahead, wave your silly flag and shame on you.

Nothing to feel ashamed of.

If you hate Argentina and all it stands for, I assume you don't welcome Ulloa (nor Tano) to the club? That's the leap you've made.

I appreciate Argentina for being a democracy with its own culture, heritage and flag. Who are you to deny them that? When I think of Argentina, I think of good wine, good beef and good footballers - and a silly claim on some islands - and would take Commander's word that it's a fine country to visit.

I cant believe the morons who think the flag of Argentina would be seen as a disgrace, I never fought in the Falklands war but have fought in the most recent campaigns in the middle east. The nationality of the player and the flag should not stop this idea going into print.

Its about time people grew up, unless you were actually involved in the Falklands then shut-up.

As you say, you never fought in the Falklands. It has no comparison to the the middle-east because in this case British territory was invaded. Respect for serving as you have, but I don't think it gives your opinion on this matter any extra weight. Many people join the services for many different reasons, it doesn' make them experts on all conflicts or give them the right to call people morons who have a different opinion. The Falklands Conflict was fought on British soil, British servicemens lives were needlessly cut short, and some MORONS wouldn't feel comfortable waving the flag of the country responsible, that still lays claim to the islands and that we are, technically at least, still at war with

Last edited:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
As you say, you never fought in the Falklands. It has no comparison to the the middle-east because in this case British territory was invaded. Respect for serving as you have, but I don't think it gives your opinion on this matter any extra weight. Many people join the services for many different reasons, it doesn' make them experts on all conflicts or give them the right to call people morons who have a different opinion. The Falklands Conflict was fought on British soil, British servicemens lives were needlessly cut short, and some MORONS wouldn't feel comfortable waving the flag of the country responsible, that still lays claim to the islands and that we are technically at least, still at war with

So we can't have flags from Germany, France, Italy, Ireland, Japan, Turkey, Hungary, South Africa, Egypt or Russia either then?

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Only the English could have a problem with a whole countries flag just because we 'own' 0.01% of it's population on a remote island. Unbelievable. The Empire is over, don't being it into our stadium.

How would you feel if Ulloa was draped in his countires flag after scoring the winning goal in the play off final? Boo him? Jesus.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
It's a tough ask.

Love Ullao but not super comfy with the flag, in both political and footballing terms.

Ullao on The Martlets, perhaps?

Whats wrong with the Argentinian flag? You'll happily have a player but not the flag? We did steal the islands after all...give em back i say.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Whats wrong with the Argentinian flag? You'll happily have a player but not the flag? We did steal the islands after all...give em back i say.
You'll need to read the thread.

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean

Can i ask where you got the impression that we 'stole' the falklands?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I think we can safely conclude that plenty of people would be quite happy to wave the flag in support of a particular player, and there are a few objectors. Each to their own.

Those who want to, wave your flags. Those who don't....don't. No need to argue about it.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here