Ulloa flag

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
It's a good point about the flag money - not sure where that's gone. I think what would be good is if every flag idea is voted for on here by people who donate to the fund.

It's been lumped in with 83 final money....................somewhere.

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
I wondered how long it would be before someone mentioned the Falklands...

Spain has a territorial claim over Gibralter...

That's the same sort of thing isn't it ?

We are not at war with Argentina, are very unlikely to be at anytime in the future, and only were because of a failed junta who wanted to prop up their popularity.

The fact that some have brought Ulloa into this already shames the maturity of this forum. The fact that some would wave the home flag of his country, which would please him no end- and not in the understanding that it was a declaration of support for Argentina's claim over a stick of rock 300 miles away-is heartening. However, Argentinians have the right to their beliefs.

Time for some folks to grow up

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
If Spanish fave signs a new contract, someone should definately make one for him. In the same style as the t shirts but with the Spain flag as a background. Or someone could make one now

But some might not like that because Spain has a territorial claim over Gibralter....

WEST STAND STAN

Mar 16, 2013
I wondered how long it would be before someone mentioned the Falklands...

Spain has a territorial claim over Gibralter...

That's the same sort of thing isn't it ?

We are not at war with Argentina, are very unlikely to be at anytime in the future, and only were because of a failed junta who wanted to prop up their popularity.

The fact that some have brought Ulloa into this already shames the maturity of this forum. The fact that some would wave the home flag of his country, which would please him no end- and not in the understanding that it was a declaration of support for Argentina's claim over a stick of rock 300 miles away-is heartening. However, Argentinians have the right to their beliefs.

Time for some folks to grow up

Spot on, well said!

Leo-1.jpg

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
They've not invaded us and killed British troops in the last 30 years have they.[/QUO

Neither have the Argentines it was 1982, and nothing has happened since.

You are referring to the failed Junta that sent loads of youngsters to fight a highly trained western force in desperate hope to prop up it's ailing popularity.

As a point of note, Ulloa wasn't even born at the time....

That conflict has no winners.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Not really a joking matter though, is it? Think of those that served, those that died or were injured, the loss to wives, children, parents etc. Think how they would feel about it. If you still think it's a good idea, go ahead, wave your silly flag and shame on you.

If we'd signed a German international, would you object to a German flag? Is it just the Falklands was more recent?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
They've not invaded us and killed British troops in the last 30 years have they.[/QUO

Neither have the Argentines it was 1982, and nothing has happened since.

You are referring to the failed Junta that sent loads of youngsters to fight a highly trained western force in desperate hope to prop up it's ailing popularity.

As a point of note, Ulloa wasn't even born at the time....

That conflict has no winners.

I do not give a shit if it was 30 or 31 years ago, I do not even give a shit who run that shit hole at the time.

I'll support Leo in the stipes but I'm not waving or wanting no Argie flag.

You want to wave it with pride at the Amex then go ahead, good luck with that.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Not really a joking matter though, is it? Think of those that served, those that died or were injured, the loss to wives, children, parents etc. Think how they would feel about it. If you still think it's a good idea, go ahead, wave your silly flag and shame on you.

You do realise that Ulloa is Argentinian and is living in our country don't you?

This flag would be to make HIM feel like part of the club, nothing to do with politics at all.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
We shouldn't let Politics and Football mix, we have seen from Scotland and continental Europe how badly that looks. I would definitely back the flag here, we are a football club and should get behind all our players without prejudice to nationality or anything else.

Seagulls!!

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I'm a Falklands Veteran. I have no problem with the flag. It would make Leo feel welcome.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Although I agree with the rest of your post I think you'll find it wasn't just the jumta that wanted to prop up their popularity.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Its a flag to support our Argentinian player, not the bloody country :facepalm:

People take everything so bloody seriously - i think the flag is great myself and id be more than happy to see it at the Amex.

On the topic of flags, where did that Spanish one in the SW Corner with DAVE on it go ? Havent seen it for a while now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports