Ulloa flag

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Replace the Iowa State symbol in the middle with a pic of Len and re-colour it blue and white and all is good.

Iowa-State-Flag-3x5-Cyclone-Nation-image.jpg

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Well there was that giant flag fund that somebody set up (& a fair few of us donated to), but that seems to have vanished without trace. Maybe that could be used to purchase a few funky smaller banners if it hasn't already been invested in 'personal entertainments'?

That was the 'Stand or Fall' banner, but you're right, there was a significant excess of cash there. The NSK boys need to be a bit more transparent about what has happened there. (Apologies if they have already and I've not seen it)

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Maybe stick Leo on a 'World Citizen' flag then. You know, just to keep everybody happy?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cant we sick him on a Spanish flag? He did actually come to us as a Spanish citizen
The merest mention of Spanish Len and our 'Spanish' goalscorers has the pedants rushing for their keyboards.

I'm liking the Iowa State possibilities.

It is a good job by Al, just not for me.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
That was the 'Stand or Fall' banner, but you're right, there was a significant excess of cash there. The NSK boys need to be a bit more transparent about what has happened there. (Apologies if they have already and I've not seen it)

That's the one! You're right about the excess dosh too (although I haven't got a clue how much was in the kitty). I think we might have a Bannergate situation kicking off rather soon... :glare:

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Each to their own, [MENTION=24838]Bladders[/MENTION] - I really like the Argentine flag. Sunshine with a face - much better than a misshapen eagle called Nigel clutching a football.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Each to their own, [MENTION=24838]Bladders[/MENTION] - I really like the Argentine flag. Sunshine with a face - much better than a misshapen eagle called Nigel clutching a football.

I wasn't really the aesthetics of the flag that bothered me :facepalm: :lol:

Feb 3, 2013
If Spanish fave signs a new contract, someone should definately make one for him. In the same style as the t shirts but with the Spain flag as a background. Or someone could make one now

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
If Spanish fave signs a new contract, someone should definately make one for him. In the same style as the t shirts but with the Spain flag as a background. Or someone could make one now

If John Crumplin got a T-Shirt, so should Spanish Dave. :clap2:

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
I wasn't really the aesthetics of the flag that bothered me :facepalm: :lol:

Yeah, I was being cheeky. I thought gentle self-deprecating humour might be more fun than overtly making the glaringly obvious point that a colonial conflict that enables some Brits to feel all angry and/or superior and/or self-righteous is completely irrelevant to our man-love for Leo.

This probably means I disagree with you on two fronts, then. Here's what I think:

1. Ulloa is Argentinian and so him superimposed on his nation's flag is appropriate. The fact (all right, opinion) it's a cool flag is a plus, but not the main thing.

2. IMHO, everything about Crystal Palace is aesthetically displeasing. I don't just dislike their badge, home kit, away kit (bleurgh!) and ground because they belong to Palace; I dislike them because they're all awful. Aren't they?

Yeah, I probably should have done the Tanzanian flag. :rolleyes:

Not really a joking matter though, is it? Think of those that served, those that died or were injured, the loss to wives, children, parents etc. Think how they would feel about it. If you still think it's a good idea, go ahead, wave your silly flag and shame on you.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Yeah, I was being cheeky. I thought gentle self-deprecating humour might be more fun than overtly making the glaringly obvious point that a colonial conflict that enables some Brits to feel all angry and/or superior and/or self-righteous is completely irrelevant to our man-love for Leo.

This probably means I disagree with you on two fronts, then. Here's what I think:

1. Ulloa is Argentinian and so him superimposed on his nation's flag is appropriate. The fact (all right, opinion) it's a cool flag is a plus, but not the main thing.

2. IMHO, everything about Crystal Palace is aesthetically displeasing. I don't just dislike their badge, home kit, away kit (bleurgh!) and ground because they belong to Palace; I dislike them because they're all awful. Aren't they?

I know, see the laughy smiley at the end of my post.

I look forward to seeing you waving it with passion in the North.:thumbsup::sick:

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
It's a good point about the flag money - not sure where that's gone. I think what would be good is if every flag idea is voted for on here by people who donate to the fund.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports