Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Ulloa - assuming he is fit, should he start against Hull?

Should Leo start against Hull

• Yes, play our best team and he needs game time anyway

Votes: 187 95.9%
  • No, wrap him up in cotton wool

Votes: 8 4.1%

• Total voters

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
I'm not 100% sure I have the stat right but as far as I can remember we have only reached two FA Cup quarter finals in our 114 year history. I reckon it's time for another.

Play him.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I will be seriously pissed off if we don't field our strongest team in the 5th round of the FA Cup. This is a real chance to get to the last 8 and after the draw on Sunday, maybe a date at Wembley.

All of this.
If the Albion are happy to take the TV cash to have the game on a Monday night, they need to play him and get another pay day if we win.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Exactly, however me or other NSC members are not getting paid by a local paper that should be encouraging and positive about the Albion at every opportunity.

Come on lets be positive, I just do not see that in anything he writes there is always an undercurrent of impending doom and failure.

Do you seriously think that, that the Argus should be nothing but encouraging & positive at every opportunity?

It's a local paper, which reports on local events, including those involving the football team. If the Argus had been blindly supportive of the club's activities back in 1997-98 (ish), then you probably wouldn't have a team to support right now. I don't think it's their role to be the official media mouthpiece for the Albion: that's what the club pay their media department very well for. And all this crap (not necessarily from you, I should add, but I have seen it on NSC before) that Naylor gets for not being a dyed-in-the-wool Albion supporter: what a load of rubbish that is. If I want to read a (relatively) objective, but nonetheless locally-focused report on one of our games, then I'll glance at the Argus report. If I want the strictly one-eyed, blue-tinted version, I'll come on NSC or head for the club website.

I find the constant niggling towards Naylor pretty tiresome, for what it's worth. He and Brian Owen do a pretty decent job, I reckon. It's also rubbish to suggest that he gets all his stories off here. Rumours start, they spread very quickly. The difference is, you or I can post any old crap on here as soon as we hear it, with little fear of contradiction. Newspaper journalists, on the other hand, generally have to try and verify those stories first, or at least protect their source pending any official announcement, so by the time they've done that, it might seem like old news to you and I, simply because that same bit of speculation has been bobbing around on the main board for several hours. Nobody's saying the Argus is going to win the Pulitzer Prize any time soon, but at the end of the day their reports and articles are there to provoke debate and-of course- sell papers or get you on their website. So why shouldn't Naylor occasionally venture an opinion or play a bit of devil's advocate?

Nobody's saying you have to AGREE with him.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
I'd play him, we can win this one and the chance to play against Premier League opposition should fire him up. Another goal would really get him back on form like last season which will help the league run-in.

If it's going well bring him off after an hour, maybe CMS back in the squad by then.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Do you seriously think that, that the Argus should be nothing but encouraging & positive at every opportunity?

It's a local paper, which reports on local events, including those involving the football team. If the Argus had been blindly supportive of the club's activities back in 1997-98 (ish), then you probably wouldn't have a team to support right now. I don't think it's their role to be the official media mouthpiece for the Albion: that's what the club pay their media department very well for. And all this crap (not necessarily from you, I should add, but I have seen it on NSC before) that Naylor gets for not being a dyed-in-the-wool Albion supporter: what a load of rubbish that is. If I want to read a (relatively) objective, but nonetheless locally-focused report on one of our games, then I'll glance at the Argus report. If I want the strictly one-eyed, blue-tinted version, I'll come on NSC or head for the club website.

I find the constant niggling towards Naylor pretty tiresome, for what it's worth. He and Brian Owen do a pretty decent job, I reckon. It's also rubbish to suggest that he gets all his stories off here. Rumours start, they spread very quickly. The difference is, you or I can post any old crap on here as soon as we hear it, with little fear of contradiction. Newspaper journalists, on the other hand, generally have to try and verify those stories first, or at least protect their source pending any official announcement, so by the time they've done that, it might seem like old news to you and I, simply because that same bit of speculation has been bobbing around on the main board for several hours. Nobody's saying the Argus is going to win the Pulitzer Prize any time soon, but at the end of the day their reports and articles are there to provoke debate and-of course- sell papers or get you on their website. So why shouldn't Naylor occasionally venture an opinion or play a bit of devil's advocate?

Nobody's saying you have to AGREE with him.

We'll put, and no if I think about it your right, but that's an idiots problem, sometimes we don't think..... Bad day = hasty post= idiot post = guilty

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
This is all smoky mirrors.

If we draw Sheff Utd at home in the following round, we will without doubt field our strongest side v Hull.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I'd love to see us let CMS and Ulloa at Hull as a partnership, they wouldn't know what's hit them.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This is all smoky mirrors.

If we draw Sheff Utd at home in the following round, we will without doubt field our strongest side v Hull.

"Smoky mirrors" :lolol:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I think he should play, purely from the point of view that our front line have not played together much yet (I'm thinking about March and Rod here), so they need all the match practice they can get. But the point about who we draw in the next round is a good one - if that is a seriously winnable tie, then play the best team on Monday and go for it.

My only gripe with that article is that Naylor says we are in a competition that we are unlikely to win - bloody cheek! :)

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We have a striker fighting to regain his best form who has just scored consecutive winning goals. We have to play him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here