Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ulloa anyone?

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
Andre Gray for me! Pace, power and attitude! Just because of his comments many years ago...should that stop us buying him?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think that Hemeds weakness is his ability to win the ball in the air to hold up play and lay it off. Ulloa is far better but as much as I would like to see Ulloa back, especially if Hemed was to leave, I do not believe that he would be a good signing at the kind of price Leicester will want. Sunderland apparently offered £7m which was turned down for various reasons but a club in Spain has offered £2m I read but that was also turned down.

A team in Spain have offered £2m? or do you mean £12m?

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Andre Gray for me! Pace, power and attitude! Just because of his comments many years ago...should that stop us buying him?

Andre Gray is the type of player we need, quick and a lethal finisher. Burnley would never sell him to us and Gray would cost at least £25 million now, probably more. We are not in that market. Yet.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Andre Gray is the type of player we need, quick and a lethal finisher. Burnley would never sell him to us and Gray would cost at least £25 million now, probably more. We are not in that market. Yet.

Wouldn't be a very good PR move for the club considering his twitter history. Would be a good move for him though to show he has 'changed'.

I'll pass.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Ulloa would be a clear upgrade on Hemed. And i would sell him if he is not going to sign a new deal.

But not convinced Ulloa is the way to go as much as I love him

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Ulloa would be a clear upgrade on Hemed. And i would sell him if he is not going to sign a new deal.

But not convinced Ulloa is the way to go as much as I love him

I'm guessing Tomer has been offered a new contract, which hasn't been signed, yet.
I'm not convinced selling him is the way to go.

If that stays the same, next season Tomer will be playing for a new contract somewhere, the size of that contract will directly depend on this performance over the next 38 games.
That'll be a massive incentive which can only work in the Albion's favour.

Didn't harm player or club when Stephen's did exactly the same.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
In true NSC manner, the Ulloa option has been linked to Hemed. Well here's the thing or things:

Hughton says he wants ANOTHER no 9.
Hemed hasn't indicated he wants to go.
Hughton says Hemed is going nowhere.
Hughton says he wants Internationals in his team. Hemed is, Leo isn't.

If these are true, the question of Leo coming is unrelated to Tomer, Murray or anyone else unles it's how they might play together or Leo fit in to the squad.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Wouldn't be a very good PR move for the club considering his twitter history. Would be a good move for him though to show he has 'changed'.

I'll pass.

It won't happen but my point is he's the type of striker we need. Very quick, skilful and scores lots of goals.
Fully agreed that we need someone with more enlightened views than Mr Gray.

Conelli98

Dec 18, 2016
It won't happen but my point is he's the type of striker we need. Very quick, skilful and scores lots of goals.

Hmmm...don't we have a couple of defenders that havnt covered themselves in glory in recent years??? The guy said sorry, served his ban etc. Yes he was stupid in his rants but for me that's water under the bridge!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

I'll pass.

I'm sure it's not beyond the club's ability to identify and sign a striker who isn't a homophobe.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I'm guessing Tomer has been offered a new contract, which hasn't been signed, yet.
I'm not convinced selling him is the way to go.

If that stays the same, next season Tomer will be playing for a new contract somewhere, the size of that contract will directly depend on this performance over the next 38 games.
That'll be a massive incentive which can only work in the Albion's favour.

Didn't harm player or club when Stephen's did exactly the same.

Agreed, but we really could not do without Stephens, Hemed is not the same, as it stands i really cannot see him geting much game time unless Murray and the new striker gets injured.

I know Hemed cost us nothing basically... only 1 million ?... so we face no huge loss... but 5 million in for him, is a decent amount to put towards some real extra quality somewhere.

Hemed will always give 100% so i have no worries over his commitment to the side if he has 6 weeks or 6 years to run on his deal.

there is still a month until the window shuts.... my opinion is he will be gone before then... but only if we have suitable upgrades in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here